Dr. Stuart Silverman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stuart Silverman?

February 21st, 2016

Poor service

Took two months to get an appointment. Then after him seeing him he sent me for an MRI it took two weeks to get the results and I had to call to try to get them and when I finally was given the results I was told to go to a surgeon because I need brain surgery. This is not something I feel I should have been told by a secretary over the phone :(

February 17th, 2014

Money Grubbing Bum and Disgrace to Medicine

I was referred to Stuart Silverman by another incompetent stumblebum (Dr. Brian Negrini UPMC) in an attempt treat a head / neck injury. After waiting for 2 hours, I was finally called in to the examination room where I met Dr. Stuart. I then briefly summarized my medical complaint. I was given no physical exam whatsoever. At no point was any type of reflex test or neurological evaluation administered. He didn't even make a token attempt to take vitals. Nothing. Literally all I was asked to do was walk a few steps toward the wall, after which he replied ' I don't see anything wrong.' The entire encounter lasted about 4 minutes. I was told I would require an MRI but had to wait until it was cleared by my auto insurance. So I left the office thinking I would return when my insurance contacted me and approved the imaging procedure. I think I was justifiably shocked when I received a bill for hundreds of dollars the following week for services rendered by Dr. Stuart. Essentially I was charged, and begrudgingly paid, nearly $300 to sit down and shake this fat idiot's hand. Did I go to see a Dr. or Bruce Springsteen? I understand that there is a staff on payroll, and overhead, and overhead on the overhead and the Dr.'s time is worth money. But $100 per minute seems excessive given that I was summarily blown off and not examined at all. And also I guess my time is worthless and the 2 hours I wasted in the waiting room watching Judge Judy is going to be refunded too.

May 14th, 2013

great experience.

Very good doctor! I would absolutely send friends and family to him.

March 5th, 2013

Very unhappy patient

I do not feel comfortable around this doctor. He is very rude and he will not let u talk. I am going to look for a doctor that I can talk too and spend more than 3 minutes with me. He is always in a rush to move on to the next person

June 12th, 2012

Highly recommend

Dr Silverman is the 4th neurologist for my son and I. He was friendly and professional. His office staff including the nurse practitioner, Kelly are as well. If I could rate them higher than 4 stars, I would.

September 14th, 2011

His Nurse

Well The people in the office did not follow thru with what they told me they were going to do. When I called to get the paper work needed I the nurse was very very upset with me and went on and on about how busy she is and how much paper work she has.She had me in tears!

March 4th, 2011

Good if you're in an in-and-out patient

On my initial visit with Dr. Silverman after transferring to his practice, he told me that he did not see a need to repeat an EMG test since he had a copy of an EMG test showing I had neuropathy and it's an extremely painful test to go through. The follow up appt was with his nurse practioner/physician asst (whichever she is) who ordered the test.Since I have many other medical problems besides just the neuropathy (I've also had brain surgery which he was aware of and which makes the EMG more difficult for me because the shock waves affect my brain), I called him to find why I needed to have this done since he had already said it wasn't necessary. To me, a physician specialist out trumps a nurse practioner/physician assistant.Over a week later I still had not heard back from him. I called the office and was told a ridiculous story about how they'd had to get my records transferred from where I was to have had the EMG test. The place where I was to have had the EMG test taken at is the same office where I go to see Dr. Silverman! She then tried to back out of that by claiming they have several sattelite offices. Does that mean that in over a week he's not gone to see patients where I go to see him? Come on, give me a break. She then said that someone would call me "tomorrow." Tomorrow came and went and still no return call."Tomorrow" was Tuesday. On Friday I finally got a return call telling me that Dr. Silverman said I needed to have the test done. No explanation as to why he suddenly changed his mind from what he initially told me. Two weeks after I called to ask why I needed to have a test he said I didn't need to have, I still don't have an answer, only him backing up his assistant but changing his tune on his original claim. Mind you, nothing had changed from my initial visit with him and my follow up with her.If you have simple migraines and can get in and out of the office without requiring a lot of time or care, then perhaps this is the place to go. If you have complex issues that take time, my suggestion would be to look for someone else that has the time and will take the time. My condition has seriously worsened over the two weeks I've spent waiting for the doctor to return a phone call and I can say I've NEVER had to wait that long for a return call from ANY doctor! I'm changing doctors. Especially in the field of neurology after having had brain surgery, I can't afford to be put off like that.

February 11th, 2011

Dr. Silverman was extremely rude at patient's bedside. Further, he later sought me out (in a very public place) to loudly confront me on the matter. Seemed highly unprofessional. Hopefully I just caught him on a bad day. Would hope to never need to encounter him again.

March 9th, 2008