Orthopedic Surgeons

920 Medical Plaza Dr
Ste 260
Shenandoah, TX 77380
281-292-3999
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Exceptional Doctor and Surgeon! !  |  show details
by Eric M. on Jul 5th, 2013

Dr. Wetzel is hands down the most exceptional doctor I have ever been to. After visiting his office for two different workmans comp claims I am beyond satisfied with the care he provided. I had a broken elbow and severe carpal tunnel in both hands and recieved an endoscopic procedure which left very minimal scaring. Every time I had an appointment I was in and out withing 5 to 15 minutes thanks to him and his staff and only 2 hours total for the endoscopic surgery on both of my hands. I would % 100 recommend Dr . Wetzel to anyone and everyone who is worried of less than satisfactory care. You will not be dissapointed. Thank you Dr. Wetzel !

|  Poor Office Staff EXCELLENT doctor  |  show details
by Debbi on Apr 1st, 2013

My husband was referred to see Dr Flak, due to the severity of his case he ended up having Dr Wetzel as his surgeon. Dr W was AMAZING, he explained everything in detail so we could understand. The nurses who assisted him were also very pleasant and knowledgable. I would refer Dr Wetzel and Dr Flak to friends as family! PROBLEM- the is only 1 reason I will NOT return. There is 1 person in the office staff that is EXTREMELY rude. I didn't have 1 positive experience dealing with her. The first 2 visits she was not there. The made us feel like we were the only patients they had. The 1st visit we had to deal with her we almost changed doctors because of how she treated us. There was a problem with the prescribed meds and when I called to adjust t she made me feel like my husband was doing something wrong y needing pain meds. (He shattered his thumb joint and got 3 pins) She also made us uncomfortable just making follow up appointments. We are, again, in need of Dr Wetzel's expertise so I called the office and it was another HORRIBLE experience. Like a motorcycle accident isn't stressful enough!! I highly recommend this office, but be aware if you have to deal with her you might end up having bad feelings at the end of the call.

|  Fantastic Doc  |  show details
Jun 4th, 2012

Everyone polite and caring. Dr Wetzel saw me on a Wed (shattered knee cap) and he scheduled and performed the surgery Thurs morning. He is accommodating, sympathetic, speaks in layman terms and is just a sweetie.

|  Dr. Wetzel ROCKS!  |  show details
Aug 24th, 2011

I have a Son that has played football all through Jr. High and now he is a Senior in High School. That being said, we have had many, many visits to see Dr. Wetzel. He always takes the time to listen to you and is the ONLY Dr. I know that will tell you to call him anytime and really mean it. His way of explaining medical things with you is easy to understand and answers all of your questions no matter how silly they may seem. I has a shoulder surgery last November and have done very well. My shoulder healed so well that sometimes forget I even had a problem before. I definately recommed Dr. Wetzel for children and Adults. HE ROCKS!

|  show details
Jun 28th, 2011

Awesome! Very caring and he took a lot of time listening to my problems. Highly Recommend!

|  Great Doctor with a fantastic support team  |  show details
by Chance on Jul 21st, 2010

'05 was my first operation ever. Dr. Wetzel took his time to explain exactly what he was going to do and set expectations for recovery and follow ups. Very personal and attentive to my concerns and needs. Again, it was my first surgery and I was very nervous but he really helped calm my fears and I couldn't be more satisified with the outcome. I wish i had him as a primary care physician, lol. Fast forward to 2010, he tightened up a shoulder that has been popping out of socket for years. I made an hour drive just to see him this time and again he was personal, explained the procedure making it easily understandable, set expectations and even has a sense of humor! The staff has always been great as well. Getting appointments setup and answering questions in a prompt fashion. The insurance billing person was outstanding as well, helping to get information regarding the costs and billing with my insurnace company settled and explained which is probably the worst part of havinga surgical operation. I would highly recommend using Dr Wetzel for any orthopedic procedures or at least for reference if your just looking for information, second opinion, etc.

|  Very Pleased  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2010

Very friendly, low-keyed personality. Does not explain like a doctor...explains in an easy to understand manner. We never felt rushed. The staff was typical...nice, efficient...can't say much more about the staff...check in/check out was typical. Short wait to see doctor...in & out of his office within 1 hour of appt time. Medication prescribed worked fine and did what he indicated it would. I would definitely recommend this physician. We have seen him over the course of about 4 years.

|  This was a long time ago but,,,  |  show details
Apr 17th, 2010

In October of 1998 I visited Dr. Wetzel after an episode with my back. He said that I may have a buldging disc but to keep on working and stay active. After a week I was dragging my feet and legs and experiencing pain. During a visit he told me to quit being a baby, he gave me some crutches and told me to keep working. After 6 weeks of a worsening condition and many visits I demanded an MRI. Reluctantly, he wrote a script for one. The result was 5 ruptured discs and nerve damage. After showing him the results, his face went white and he said I needed surgery ASAP. Which I had, and it wasn't him performing the surgery. Needless, to say I've been in a wheelchair and live with chronic pain every since. When I asked for a copy of my medical records, they had been fictionalized. Time may have made him better at his craft. I sincerely, hope so. If you do have any problems, you have my prayers.

|  show details
by Don Harford on Jul 21st, 2009

Really knows his stuff, probably one of the only honest doctors Ive ever met, not afraid to speak his mind and give concrete opinions instead of typical doublespeak. Made sure hospital staff did their job and when lacking took it upon himself to do. Right down to hand washing my foot and ankle with soap and water after the surgery. How many doctors have you ever seen do that?

|  his staff sucks  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2009