Dr. Sudarshan Sharma MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 23rd, 2016
Positive Experience
I was referred to Dr Sharma by my gynecologist for DaVinci surgery. For me personally he was an excellent experienced Doctor and I got in quick, had the surgery a week later, went home in 1 day and had barely no pain. I was way better than I ever expected. He answered all of my questions and explained my options and did not rush my consultation. I am so glad I was referred to him. He said the decision on the options was mine but I should deal with it one way or the other. He has lots of experience with Davinci and I chose to trust him and I was right. So glad it is over.

April 11th, 2016
Dr. Sharma is a wonderful, caring, professional doctor. I was referred by my gyne for surgery for uterine cancer. Dr Sharma took great care of me. I pray he never retires. He is incredible and I am so happy he did my surgery. I felt great and did not have to take heavy meds. My recuperation was fast. THe DaVinci method is the way to go. Dr Sharma really cares about his patients.

August 19th, 2015
One of the few doctors who uses IP dialysis to treat ovarian cancer. He saved my life! Amazing staff help get your thru those toughest days.

August 18th, 2015
Fantastic Doctor
I can not say enough good things about Dr. Sharma. He is very caring, honest and truly a skilled surgeon and a wonderful person. He is very good explaining your health issues and listens to your concerns and answers all questions asked of him. Great friendly staff also.

July 8th, 2015
Insensitive Doctor
His staff was great, however I would discourage women from seeing this doctor. I saw him recently and was taken back by his lack of respect for me. While, I recognize my situation is complicated, he did not exude any confidence in producing positive results if I were to undergo surgery. His approach is very aggressive and he was put off when I asked him if this required such radical surgery or was there another option. He didn't even answer my question and just said he wouldn't do it any other way but didn't explain why. This man is extremely demeaning and doesn't spend time with his patients. I felt as if I was imposing on him. I would not ever consider going to a doctor that doesn't allow you to ask questions and is cynical in his answers. I'll keep praying that he demonstrates empathy for those he treats that may have serious medical conditions and are looking to him as the one that might save them.

June 29th, 2014
About as good as a jail exam.
Dr. Sharma was AWFUL. I do not have insurance, and he was very demeaning. He didn't even take a urine sample. I will say that the nurses were very kind, but he was cruel and unkind. I will never go back to him. Run for the hills, ladies!!! He did not care one bit about anything except for the fact that I am unemployed at the moment. Nightmare. Never asked about my pain [even though I have massive swelling on my ovaries, and it's OBVIOUS that there is a problem.] $150 to get a pap smear, no testing, urine samples, anything, and a lecture on why I should get a job. No thank you! 0 out of 5 stars!!! Unfortunately I had to use one because it was required. But I wouldn't even give him that. He is terrible. He might be smart, but he is a really cold, callous doctor. No.

June 29th, 2013
Please get a second opinion
My husband and I were scared to death after seeing Dr. Sharma. Dr. Sharma wanted to perform radical surgery including removing the labia. I cant thank my supportive husband and primary doctor enough for making me get a second opinion. Turns out only minor surgery is required and I get to keep the parts that I would have missed. The manager/receptionist (you will know who I mean) is nuts and really irritating!

April 26th, 2012
Keep looking. There are better doctors for your total care
Last of the old breed of doctors who believe that they are directly related to God and that patients are to be seen but not heard. Tries to push everyone into trials whether they are in your best interest or not. Refuses to release records. Can't remember what treatment plan you're on. The chemo are looks like it was put together from a series of garage sales. I transfered to a brilliant, compasionate, caring woman doctor who is a 180 from Dr Sharma. If you think you deserve the best, you won't find it here.

March 19th, 2012
ROBOTIC PROCEDURE
ALMOST 1 YEAR AGO I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH UTERUS CANCER. I WAS REFERRED TO DR.SHARMA,HE EXPLAINED EVERYTHING TO ME I WAS SCARED AND VERY NERVOUS ABOUT THE SURGERY.I HAD SURGERY ON A FRIDAY MORNING AND SATURDAY AT 6 PM I WENT HOME I HAD NO PAIN.TOOK IT EASY FOR 6 WEEKS. HAD A GREAT RECOVERY.I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR.SHARMA TO ANYONE WHO NEEDS SURGERY.

November 22nd, 2011
Arrogant and dismissive
I went to him upon suggestion from my gynecologist, and only because he was suggested and was at the local hospital. However, with my type of cancer, I already had determined I would get a second opinion at the University of Chicago (another suggestion from a friend who is a research oncologist and did his residency at Northwestern and worked w/U of Chicago). When I saw Dr Sharma, he refused to answer my questions about my pathology report, even snapping my file shut to punctuate his point. He insisted he had to examine me first. However, I had already been diagnosed and undergone a D and C the week prior by my gynecologist. There was nothing to see, but a uterine cancer diagnosis that he refused to clarify unless he physically looked at me (as if there was anything at all he could have determined). The man was the least respectful doctor I've worked with. I chose to leave rather than have to fight to get my own pathology report. I strongly dissuade women from seeing this doctor, if you value open communication, respect, and cooperative teaming when you have to fight cancer.

September 28th, 2010
I wouldn't be here without Dr. Sharma and his wonderful staff. It's as simple as that. They got me and my family thru my darkest days.

August 18th, 2009
He saved my life
I was diagnosed with a fairly large ovarian cyst in 2007. Dr. Sharma was my surgeon for 3 successive surgeries that year. He was direct, knowlewdgeable and caring in his approach. The nurses all spoke very highly of him as well. I remember asking him if I was going to die prior to the surgery. His response was: "Are you going to be able to live without this surgery?" I would never have made it through that experience without him. I highly recommend him with no hesitation.