Internist, Hematology Specialist, Oncology Specialist (cancer)

No Follow Up show details No Follow Up
by SGR on Dec 9th, 2015

I was told I'm Factor 5 Leiden positive with blood clots in Both lungs and leg after some abdominal surgery. I saw Dr. Sudeep Menachery @ Oncology Hematology Associates of Fredericksburg. My issue is with the NON-exsistant follow up care. I had to --look up my own blood work-- results online (after two weeks went by)-and then call and leave a message for a nurse to call me back to explain the results. This took another week or more b/c we played phone tag. I was told a follow up was not necessary and if I have concerns to see my regular doctor. The whole point of seeing a specialist is for them to to help take care of the issue but also give results. I've never seen a doctor that doesn't follow up with results and let the patient ask questions. I had 5 Low or High blood results I needed to know about. I googled them, which to me is ridiculous. Apparently there is more money in cancer than blood problems b/c the office is very nice. Is this b/c my insurance doesn't pay much and I wasn't worth the time? I was so happy to find this office close to home. My surgeon from Inova Fair Oaks called and left 2 messages for him to call back. This is b/c I need to have scar tissue removed that is very painful. My surgeon needs to know the protocol with blood thinners etc. before doing the surgery. I know he got the message b/c I too told his nurse Dawn that my surgeon needed to speak to Dr. Sudeep Menachery. He never returned the calls so I'm moving on to a hematologist at Inova Fair Oaks. I won't be recommending this facility or it's doctors to anyone.

by Sally F. for Mary R. on Jun 9th, 2013

Is the most caring and personable doctor I have ever come in contact with would recommend him to anyone. He has taken care of my mother now for many years and we feel very secure with her in his care. Wish we could clone him. LOL Thanks Doc. for all you do for my mother and all of your patients!!!!!!!!!

Jun 15th, 2009

Spent an hour and never once looked at his watch. Very knowledgeable and listened carefully.