Dr. Sudhir Batchu Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Sudhir Batchu?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 9th, 2016

If you are filing for disability DO NOT GO to Batchu. Getting him to send paperwork is like pulling teeth!!!!!! After several follow up calls it took two weeks to send in my paperwork. Patients have enough to worry about.

June 6th, 2016

Very understanding, kind, compassionate. Would highly recommend.

May 14th, 2015

When you call noone ever answers the phone. Office staff is very unfriendly.

October 6th, 2014

patient

Misdiagnosed me and didn't order follow up request from the Doctor that read my MRI. Blamed another doctor on failure to treat me for another illness that wasn't serious. Told me I may have MS then denied it at the next appointment. Put me on meds and didn't do follow up blood work. I fired him and was later diagnosed with MS by another doctor.

August 9th, 2013

Saved my life...and my sanity.

After 14 years of fighting countless doctors and taking multiple medicines, Dr. Batchu has helped me to finally take control of my epilepsy and start to get my life back. Even when I was uninsured, no one in his office once asked for any kind of payment...in 5 years. He helped me obtain medications and samples when I had no funds to do so. He has taken calls on my behalf at 3am before. Sudhir Batchu exceeds just being a doctor, he is a true healer. I would recommend him to ANYONE! :)

March 6th, 2013

Dr. Batchu is thorough and to the point. He will get to the bottom of your issue or need. If you want to be babied or want attention you will need to go somewhere else. I had a TIA and he was great. He ran numerous tests and got to the solution and already had a list of other specialists in case the tests came back positive. They did not. His policy is..is gives you the results in person. If it is bad you get notified to a quicker appointment. If you want someone who is detailed and quick to the point..and very intelligent..he is your guy.

March 3rd, 2013

heartbroken

5 years ago, I went to this man with extreme trepidation, as I'd failed to receive the care Needed to lead any form of a normal life. He was my savior, and I began to feel much better. Many times he suggested Vagus Nerve Stimulation, but the cost was far too high. A year later, I could no longer afford to see him, and my quality of life ceased to exist. One year ago, my husband ran into him at another hospital, and he immediately made the offer of deffered payment treatment "just so I'd feel better." My husband informed him I was awaiting a special military healthcare entitlement program that Dr.Batchu was aware of, and I immediately resumed treatment. About one month later, a Cyberonics employee-saleswoman- came to my home and made a pitch about VNS. This company owns the patent on the 33, 000 dollar impant. Dr. Batchu had suggested other treatments before, but when I called to request one, he said I had been offered no such option. His now former receptionist was fired when she took him to task on this matter. That's when all h*ll broke loose. Cyberonics called me constantly, and Batchu offered absolutely no other options for treatment. He ordered no tests, just VNS, over and over. Took away medicinal treatment and jammed pain medicine down my throat to cope with a ghastly amount of attacks. So much medicine, in fact, that I had a refill WEEKLY. It was expensive and was the only coping mechanism I had. Fearing addiction, I had him reduce the amount. I finally received my insurance, and was scheduled ONE WEEK LATERfor surgery. He had done no CT scans, my last EEG had been a few years prior, not even a vial of blood was taken.I became very wary, and learned two disturbing facts: 1-it was not his office, but Cyberonics that were arranging everything; they completely took over, with his permission. 2- Apparently, Batchu owns, very quietly, a nice amount of stock in Cyberonics. Is that ethical, if not possibly illegal? He saw me once 5 days prior to procedure, stating my limited medicines would be REWRITTEN only for an amount that would last until ONE DAY AFTER HE ACTIVATED SAID IMPLANT. They scheduled an unfamiliar, small town neurosurgeon 500 miles away to perform the surgery. I hadn't felt well, and my M.D, already concerned, informed me I had the flu. No surgery that week. Batchu, simply put, was enraged when I contacted him to update him. His newest receptionist told me he couldn't renew my prescriptions, he had not filed to renew his license to do so. I confirmed this lie easily. He would not, I was informed, be treating me in any capacity other than to calibrate the implant. He told me to reschedule. I attempted to tell Cyberonics that I wasn't comfortable with the procedure being rescheduled until I'd had at least a fresh EEG. The reps dissapeared, my messages were never answered. And now Batchu has gone so far to accuse me of "taking too many painkillers" even after I had requested they be lowered! It is very heartbreaking to know that he is now another doctor-turned -profiteer. He is a former brilliant healer who is now corrupted by $$$. Oh, he has taken the time to submit all back claims due, 3 times the 3 weeks since I brought up JUST A FEW TESTS FOR SAFETY'S SAKE. THERE WERE 30 CLAIMS. He was fully and quickly paid. I had always wanted that, when he was my physician, but had I known, I would have waited years. This will all be disputed, and he will make his money. I used my excellent new health insurance and found a non-for-profit neurology center run by a man who, despite being at the top of his class at Harvard Medical, founded the center simply to help people with no money in the best ways. I went 7 days ago, first time, and already know VNS would have destroyed my throat and possible suffocated me. Thanks, Batchu.

March 1st, 2013

He is very arrogant and resents any type of questioning. He is very pro medication and offers drugs without question. The first time I met with him he was very informative but did not offer any solutions other than medication. He was quick to dismiss any other opinions other than his own. He also does not follow up well with checking test results and getting back to you and then is quick to blame his staff or other professionals for their errors.

June 25th, 2010

Dangerous

This doctor wrote prescriptions that are dangerous to take together. He then wrote another prescription for a dosage that does not exist. The staff cannot communicate with each other and are rude to patients. See this doctor at your own risk.

July 9th, 2017