Dr. Sue Ann Callison MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Janesville, WI

2.3

June 13th, 2015
Dr. Callison has seen my son at least 8 times over 2 years and I feel like each time she has to review his file to know who he is and what his problem is. She let him gain over 50 pounds in 4 months on a medication for which she could have substitued another. My sons regular doctor was furious. He said usually if a patient is gaining around 10 pouonds that quickly they should be taken off and something else tried.. I don't think Dr. Callison realized or was aware that he gained any. She is definately busy on her computer while you are talking and many times I feel like she is far away in her thoughts. We stay because there is such a shortage of psychiatrists in our town and it is almost impossible to get an apointment very soon. We are very pleased with the counselors attention and they seem to know what's going on. This has been a very hard time in my son's life and the weight gain and indifference by Dr. Callison has just made is harder. I know people are busy, but then they should take less patients and tend to the ones they do have.

February 26th, 2015
average doctor
This doctor basically asks whether all is going okay with the current meds. If the answer is "yes, I guess so," the interview is over and she renews the RXs. Any times I've had questions about something in her field of study, she says she's not "aware" of that, or hasn't read anything recently on that topic. She seems annoyed with questions, and often turns her back during these moments, to enter things into her computer. She has been a poor listener and even while staring at me as I talk, cannot stay tuned in, as though her mind is elsewhere. I have never felt that I had her full attention. The time together amounts to a very few minutes, I feel rushed and unheard. If you just want a prescription , tell her you're depressed or anxious and she'll give you one. You won't get much else.

July 19th, 2013
Horrible experience
My daughter needed a gentle and understanding doctor. Instead doctor Callison was aggravated because she felt forced to take us as patients when she felt she had to many patients. She was condescending and my daughter felt interragated. We needed to trust someone. Dr Callison then blamed me claiming we had a personality conflict. She rushed us through apppointments and we felt a general lack careing for our well being. The exact opposite of what we expected from a doctor of phsycology. We were horrified and traumatized. So we found a coping mechanism just to deal with her. Meanwhile trying to deal with our original issue. We are now having a hard time dealing with the institution of phsycology. Our trust is gone. It has been a unprofessional experience. And I will include this experience as is in my autobiography.

April 29th, 2013
good enough doctor
This doctor is polite and willing to renew prescriptions as long as all is going well with them. However, she has become distracted on a couple of my visits and has not been a great listener. I've learned that her job is simply to write a refill order and as long as that happens, I'm okay. I had a much better doctor for this purpose several years ago and I miss her attentiveness and insight.

February 17th, 2009
Fantastic doctor
Dr Callison is a skilled doctor with a great manner with patients. She is very caring and perceptive, and follows up making the patient feel that they are in good hands. Many psychiatrists are just lousy at listening...she is outstanding. And she actually collaberates with the patient on their treatment! She is simply the best doctor I have ever encountered.