Sue M Challinor MD Patient Reviews

• Pittsburgh, PA

3.9

January 29th, 2016
She is an excellent doctor. I would readily refer her to anyone with parathyroid issues. She is extremely professional and knowledgeable. Not afraid to spend the time necessary to help a patient understand the important issues involved in his or her care.

April 20th, 2015
Very Competent
I've been a patient for six years. Dr. Challinor takes all the time needed, and answers all my questions. More importantly, she has my diabetes under control....she adjusted my meds a couple of times, I adjusted my lifestyle, and my numbers are great. I recommend her without reservation.

September 18th, 2013
Not going back
Not going back, shes emotionless. I have seen her multiple times before and to me it seems like she has lost her passion. Didn't explain any of the things I was wondering about today..

July 6th, 2013
Terrible please choose another doctor
I wish I could give zero stars because her bedside manner with me was terrible. Not only did I have to spend a long period of waiting but also most of my appointment was with her resident. And when she did finally come in the appointment she talked about me to her resident right in front of me and basically told me that my problem was that I was fat and that I didn’t need to be here and she pushed me off to a dietitian. At one point she asked me what my lowest adult weight was and when I told her 150, and she told me just to do what I did before. But when I said I only reached that weight from having an eating disorder, she ignored me again and sent me to the dietitian in tears. She didn’t listen to my problems or my symptoms, she just took one look at me and some test results and told me I was fat. It was heartbreaking, I came there for help and left in tears.

May 18th, 2012
SteelerMom
Though Dr. Challinor is skilled and educated in her services. She doesn't seem to believe in the new research on other medications to treat hypothyroidism like Armour.I had to wait an hour...in the exam room for her with my last appointment and felt rushed. I had a paper...back to back listed with all my symptoms and questions and she refused toanswer them. I trust her expertese since I've seen her for over 10 years, though I'm debating looking for another endocrinologist.