Dr. Sue Palmer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

May 4th, 2016
The best high risk OBGYN!
She respected my view on not wanting to use blood and blood products!

August 7th, 2015
Unprofessional
She takes advantage of insurance, gets mad if you do not do what she says. Scares you by automatically assuming you have diabetes. She got upset because I did not agree to inject insulin in my system, my obgyn stated my sugar numbers were fine and I did not need insulin. She is disrespectful and unprofessional. She said I didn't give a shhh about my baby and that she wanted to refuse service to me. I don't care what title you have, you don't treat patients that way.

May 1st, 2015
Worst Place Ever
Takes advantage of medical insurance with un needed testing. EVERYONE is diabetic according to her. And her diabetic teacinng is so outdated, i has to laugh. If the videos (yes vidros not one on one) werent so long and boring and full of wrong information; it would have been like watching a comedy. Then Dr gets upset and will yell/berate/belittle you if you have any questions. Ultrasound tech is nasty, rude, a know it all, rough during scans, and believes she knows more than doctor. In my opinion, Dr is to set in her ways from 20-30 years ago that any new advances/discoveries in pregnancy/conception seem to be to much for her to want to further her medical knowledge. Don't not see this Dr. Ask your OB for a better referral. Pregnancy is supposed to be an enjoyable experience and you shouldn't be made to feel like a criminal.

April 11th, 2015
DONT GO SEE THIS DR IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A CHANCE AT A PEACEFUL PREGNANCY!
I would not recommend this Dr to my worst enemy. She completely and utterly ruined my pregnancy! I now seriously question her education & motives. Her staff is great but she on the other hand lacks knowledge and common sense! She believed she saw a severe heart abnormality in the ultrasound and referred me to TX children's..... in the report that she sent over pending my appointment, she stated that due to the severe heart abnormality she suspected that she is certain that termination would be necessary. WITHOUT EVEN SPEAKING TO MY HUSBAND AND I ABOUT THIS OPTION!! After TX children's did the ultrasound, they were baffled as to why she referred me to them! There was absolutely nothing abnormal. My baby girl was born perfectly blessed. I'll never forget how much stress & drama this Dr caused. It wasn't just this... there were so many things that I didn't like... for example unnecessary testing just to take advantage of my insurance. ( implanting a chip to monitor blood sugar???, yea that didn't happen!!) I ended up going to someone else, but the damage was done and left me bitter. I just could not enjoy my pregnancy after all these doubts were thrown at me because of her lack of knowledge. Seriously DONT GO TO THIS WOMAN!!! besides how can a DR be overweight & offer nutrition and exercise advice??

March 26th, 2015
I'm having my fifth baby. Dr Palmer has seen me through all of my pregnancies.

February 23rd, 2015
Recommended
Dr. Sue is very sweet lady, friendly, and straightforward, also she calls her patients personally which I really like and appreciated. Her staff are very friendly too, they will call you the day before your appointment to remind your appointment.

March 17th, 2014
The worst doctor ever
She scares me every time I go to her. She keeps telling me horrible things about my unborn child. Last time she told me my baby is so big and has many issues. She had me in tears. I couldn't enjoy my pregnancy because of her. Moreover, she is so rude and does not answer my questions. Also, she doesn't listen to my opinion. If you want to have a BAD LIFE go to her.

March 11th, 2014
Will No Longer Use Fr. Palmer
Dr. Palmer started off very easy going and straightforward. I respected that and felt it was needed but not rude or rough. However your time with her is so short, she never tells you everything on one visit and ends up upset with you on the next visit when you haven't done what she thinks you should have, even though it wsa not explained prior. She became rude and did not listen to the patient about her condition. Informed her that she clearly doesn't want healthy babies, had Dr Palmer seen her pre-conception she would have told her she shouldn't have kids, and that she needed to pick a new OB if she didn't like it. And that is what we are doing. Her staff and even her daughter are excellent, friendly and amazinginly helpful. Too bad she didn't turn out to be the same.

December 26th, 2013
Please get a second opinion
Please exercise your right and get a second opinion. I was referred by my OBGYN and trusted their referral of Dr. Palmer. I felt that I was not accurately diagnosed. In addition, the appointments left me upset and fearful with the information that she would give. I was told that my baby was very big and that was not the case at all. I was evaluated by a team of doctors 3 weeks prior to being referred to her and none of the things she diagnosed was ever discussed with me. Again, I would recommend a second opinion if you have any doubt.

July 30th, 2013
Licensed Professional Councelor
Thanks to Dr Palmer I have a beautiful healthy little boy. She not only saved my sons life but my own as well! I think it is important to remember that Dr. Palmer is a high risk doctor . You go to see her because your pregnancy isn't the norm. Sometimes the truth needs to be delivered in a way that patients understand the urgency or severity of their situation. I was told to put on my big girl panties and instead of being offended, I took her advice and did ALL other things she told me and the outcome is a miracle. I am so thankful for her honesty and that she wasn't afraid to tell it to me straight! When I did what she said I was much less stressed and so much healthier. She truly was a miracle worker!

April 25th, 2013
Wonderful Doctor
My experience with this doctor and her staff was the best I've ever encountered. Dr. Palmer was very sensitive to our situation. She respected our views and feelings. She advised me to modify my food choices but that was only to help a problem the baby was having due to it. I felt her sincerity and that she cared very much for my family's emotional well being. She is thorough, direct, but I believe its only because she cares. The receptionist, medical assistant and ultrasound tech are all great people too. I felt I was in the best possible place, given my situation. May God bless them all.

March 24th, 2013
Horrible!
I was told in advance by an acquaintance that she tells everyone that they have diabetes or pre diabetes because she is obese and obsessed with it. It sounded crazy until it happened to me. My numbers were completely normal yet she demanded that I create and present to her a food journal of every morsel or sip that went into my mouth. At every appointment! She would then berate me for having a few sips of chocolate soymilk and tell me that I was hurting my babies and they would be born with birth defects. She has not had a baby, she has an adopted daughter and she told me that pregnancy cravings are just an excuse. Avoid her like the plague!