Dr. Suheil Muasher MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

July 16th, 2015
Thankful to Dr Mausher
Great Dr!

March 28th, 2011
Not just a number
My husband and I have just finished our first IVF treatment with Dr. Mausher. From the first appointment up until our latest appointment we have received the highest level of care and support. Dr. Mausher is straight to the point but also have a good bed side manor. His staff is excellent from the minute you walk in the door to the end of the process. Due to Dr. Mausher and his staff being so supportive it has helped our success rate. The more relaxed you are the better results you get and they know it. One other great note about there protocol is they don't require monitoring every single day. My husband and I did IUI with Shady Grove and the daily blood tests were tiring and stressful. Dr. Mausher really knows what he is doing and makes it as easy as possible on you! I'm so happy with the process and results!

September 1st, 2010
Highly pleased with Dr Muasher
Overall experience has been very positive - and successful...2 times! Dr Muasher was recommended to me by a friend (who was also successful two times)! Some people might say that Dr Muasher has a reserved bedside manner...I'd say he's very clinical and results-oriented. He is a kind person but doesn't show it...

August 27th, 2010
Dr. Suheil Muasher made our dream of parenthood possible. When another doctor in the area dismissed us after one failed IVF attempt with the impression that we would bring down his stats if we continue trying, we opted for a second opinion from Dr. Muasher. Instead of steering us toward donor eggs/adoption (as our first RE did), Dr. Muasher worked with us, trying customized protocols, giving us truly individualized attention, and affording us first-class care in his state-of-the art facility with a truly extraordinary nursing staff. We were a couple to him, not a statistic. At every visit and procedure, we saw Dr. Muasher. We are now currently expecting. Dr. Muasher--and his magnificent staff--personally congratulated us and have been there with us every step of the way through this process. If you are looking for a RE who is genuine, professional, brilliant, and persistent, turn to Dr. Muasher. We are pregnant because of him.

January 13th, 2010
Dr. Muasher is wonderful. He is caring and compassionate, despite his "cool" demeanor. Though he may not make you feel all warm and fuzzy, he will give you confidence that he will diagnose your problem and determine the best treatment with absolute competence. I have a one-year old daughter thanks to Dr. Muasher and am now pregnant again thanks to surgery Dr. Muasher did previously on my fallopian tube. I would and have, wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Muasher to anyone experiencing problems conceiving. I had seen a doctor at Dominion Fertility before being referred to Dr. Muasher by a friend. At Dominion, I felt like just another file, as opposed to seeing Dr. Muasher, who made me feel like it was truly important to him that we conceive a baby. He really cares about his patients and is passionate about what he does, and he does it well. He is awesome. Further, his staff is awesome too, from the receptionist to the nurses to the embryologists, all were super kind, caring, genuinely nice people and our lives are richer for having known all of them.

January 12th, 2010
The Best in His Field
My infertility story is somewhat long and complicated. I was born with a uterine birth defect which made getting pregnant a challenge. My husband and I went to several infertility clinics and at first decided to go to Shady Grove. We were impressed with the friendly and warm environment when we first arrived. After a few tests and examinations, my doctor suggested that I have surgery to correct part of my birth defect. I agreed to the surgery but did not feel comfortable with the surgeon he selected at Fairfax Hospital. I told him my apprehensions on several occasions and he kept assuring me that he would send his own wife and daughters to this person. He said I should trust him. What a BIG mistake! The surgery was a COMPLETE DISASTER and the original reason why I went in for surgery was not even accomplished. The surgeon completely misdiagnosed me and stated things in his surgical notes that were obvious to any other doctor looking at the photographs that he was completely incorrect in his findings. When I went back to Shady Grove after the surgery, my doctor there tried to cover for the surgeon and became verbally abusive. It was a HORRIBLE experience!I then left Shady Grove and went to John's Hopkins for a second opinion. The staff there was also kind and friendly but I found the infertility doctor I was seeing was not very knowledgeable. I went back for repeated visits again and again so she could re-examine me and each time she was unsuccessful with her examination. She even had her residents poke around in me to try and see if they could figure out my anatomy. After MANY visits and even more tests I felt I had reached another dead end. Hopkins recommended that I see Dr. Muasher for infertility treatment. On my first visit to Dr. Muasher's office, we were greeted by a very friendly receptionist and made to feel right at home. We were coming to this clinic with a lot of doubt and baggage from previous doctor's mistakes and wanted to see someone who was the best in the field. We found Dr. Muasher to be that person. On our first visit, he sat down and talked with my husband and myself, answering our questions and then doing an initial examination. To my surprise, on my very first examination he was able to see my birth defect, diagnose it and suggest a method of treatment. I was very impressed and knew I was finally in the right hands.With Dr. Muasher, I have gone through several IUI treatments and two rounds of IVF. I am now 28 weeks pregnant. I honestly feel I would not be carrying a baby today if it was not for the expertise of Dr. Muasher. He is able to give the gift of life to many patients that are fighting the infertility odds. He is the most knowledgeable infertility doctor I have found in this area and I would encourage anyone to come and see him. The nursing staff is beyond good they are fabulous! I cannot say enough good things about them. They are kind, compassionate and are an essential part of Dr. Muasher's team. They will go out of their way to make certain you are comfortable and feel welcome. The nurses are with you every step of the way through each process and will answer any questions you may have. I have not found a more knowledgeable or caring staff at any of the other clinics I have gone to.I would also like to address some of the other comments about Dr. Muasher that other patients have mentioned. I did not find Dr. Muasher to be uncaring or rude. I feel his personality is one where he is less likely to show his feelings towards your situation but rather focuses on how he can make your situation work, to help you reach your end goal of getting pregnant. There were times throughout my treatment where I did see the more compassionate side of Dr. Muasher although he does not show it often. Dr. Muasher's personality is more clinical and that is something we accepted upfront when we met with him. It was more important for us to reach our goal of having a baby than to look for a warm feeling from our doctor. Any warmth you do not get from Dr. Muasher is more than made up for by his amazing staff.If only we would have started with Dr. Muasher at the beginning of our infertility journey we could have saved ourselves a lot of money, time and heartache. I wish you the best with your journey and hope that your dream of a healthy little baby is in your near future.

January 9th, 2010
Upon a recommendation we received from our GYN, we decided on The Muasher Center for Fertility and IVF. After the first meeting with Dr. Muasher we were convinced this was place for us. Dr. Muasher is intelligent, caring, competent and is on the leading-edge of the infertility world and it's latest practices.We decided to start with the IUI treatment and we were delighted when we became pregnant on the first cycle! All throughout our experience with The Muasher Center we found his staff to be competent, kind and willing to answer any question and alleviate any concern. Lastly, we felt the individual and personal attention given to us that can't be obtained at the larger IVF centers in Virginia, was one of the most important factors in receiving good care; especially when faced with one of the biggest decisions of your life.

July 30th, 2009
worst male doctor
I totally agree with the first review. Dr. Muasher is rude, rough and in a rush. I went to his office only for a regular ultrasound and he caused so much pain and couldn'd finish the ultrasound and walked out of the room. He did bark at me for no reason and wouldn't apologize for all the misconduct. This is a horrible doctor and his license should be revoked!!!

April 30th, 2009
Dr. Muasher is an excellent doctor
I've gone to a number of doctors for infertility and without a doubt, Dr. Muasher is on completely different level than the rest. I don't know where the lady who wrote the previous review went to, but it definitely does NOT sound like Dr. Muasher. He was always polite, always willing to answer my questions, and went out of his way to make sure I understood everything. And as for his staff, they were just amazing. They were all so helpful and so sweet. They made this entire ordeal a lot easier for my husband and I.