Dr. Sujit Varma Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Sujit Varma?

February 21st, 2017

I would highly recommend him

I would highly recommend him. I took my mother to him. She was on too many meds. Despite being a prescriber he tries to avoid side effects by prescribing conservatively

September 28th, 2015

We nicknamed him Dr. Pharma. I could get anything I asked for! He's all about the meds

This guy is really some piece of work. He is an 'ambulance chaser' at best. He approached me from the inside when I was forceably detained by Fairview Southdale Hospital upon being sent there for anti-anxiety meds by my substance abuse counselor so we could complete the remainder of my 3 hour evaluation. He treated scary side effects by giving me more drugs! He had me taking 28 pills a day and that did not include the 'as needed'. I was also given experimental Vivitrol injections by him that he knew my insurance would not pay for. Some unknown program supposedly paid for it. I ended up having a very bad reaction, shot a hole in my living room ceiling with a rifle and ended up bouncing from facility to facility until finally three months later I was finally stable enough to be released. Then he over medicated me so badly I was locked up, again at Fairview Southdale. As per his advice, I called him immediately for help. He simply told them to have me committed. Immediately. What better way to discredit a plaintiff/ witness in a malpractice trial! RUN!

September 3rd, 2015

Disappointed

I originally visited with Dr. Varma for depression. He said I didn't look depressed or look underweight (I was gaunt and even had co workers approaching me asking me if I was sick). I brought up that I believed I suffered PTSD from emotional and verbal abuse of a family member. He laughed and said I could only have that if I was in combat. Research shows otherwise. I felt totally invalidated and did not feel his assessments were correct, ie PTSD, because I was later diagnosed by another provider as having all of the symptoms. I tried to talk fast during our meeting so he could get all of my information in a timely manor and he brought this up, that I talked too fast. I told him I was trying to be conscious of his time. Then he side tracked during our meeting to other random social topics, such as media. It was so out of place. I did call him one other time for medication change/increase and he never returned my phone call, even though I left a detailed message.

December 16th, 2014

Front desk staff needs improvement. Efficient and professional doctor!

December 27th, 2010

He was absolutley great!

Dr. Varma was about the 10th person I've seen in the last 10 years. I'm so excited I've finally found someone who is a perfect fit for me! I'm bipolar and have ADD, Generalized Anxiety, and depression. It was amazing how he just uncovered everything! He got right to the root of my problems and came up with treatmenat that has worked for me for the very first time! This is the best I've ever been in my life! My problem with my other Dr's was they seemed more interested in testing out different medicines on me and combination's...and they seemed more interested in using me as a guinea pig then really addressing my problems. I wanted to take my son to him as well, but I was told by the receptionist that he doesn't usually see kids. But I HIGHLY recommend him!!

August 12th, 2017