A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Suman Rao:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Suman Rao, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- She has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Breast Cancer
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Rao graduated from Gandhi Medical College, Hyderabad.
Dr. Rao has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Franklin Square Hospital
- St Joseph Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Rao accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- AMERIGROUP - 3 plans
- Priority Partners - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- CareFirst - 5 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 4 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans