A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Suman Rao:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Suman Rao is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Rao
Ulcerative Colitis Patient Education Read all about IBD symptoms and treatments in our ulcer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Rao Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Suman Rao, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- She has special expertise in 16 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Breast Cancer
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Rao graduated from Gandhi Medical College, Hyderabad.
Dr. Rao has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Greater Baltimore Medical Center
- St Joseph Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Suman B Rao MD is a female Internist, has 25 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Suman B. Rao practice?
- Dr. Suman Rao has 1 office location.
Dr. Suman Rao practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near Rosedale, MD.
See Rosedale Internists, Rosedale Hematologists, and Rosedale Oncologists.