Dr. Sumana Gangi MD Patient Reviews

3.6

no change

July 4th, 2016
I will never go back to Dr. Gangi
I came over with a diagnosis from my PCP. Gangi refused to accept the diagnosis and spent more than 5 years treating me for something else. As a result I now have other health issues. I changed endo's and my new Dr immediatly picked up in the original diagnosis my PCP thought I had. He has ran all the tests to confirm the diagnosis and I'm set to have surgery to remove the parathyroid adenoma. Dr Gamgi refused to listen to anyone, was argumentative when we tried to talk to her about my diagnosis.

May 11th, 2015
Horrible Doctor
Worst doctor I have ever been to. She's argumentative and does not listen at all. I told her I had a bad reaction to Synthroid. After my blood test I called for the results to find out she prescribed me Synthroid again.

May 10th, 2015
Money for Gangi
Interested in money only. Staff is horrible and rude. Never answer the phone. There office is about $$$$$$. They make you come often to collect more money from you and the insurance company.

September 18th, 2014
Patient
Makes me feel as if I am her only patient. Very caring. Has time to listen to you and gives excellent solutions to my medical needs. Will highly recommend her to others with great confidence.

September 12th, 2013
Great Doctor
I've been seeing Dr Gangi for over three years for management of thyroid disease. She has been nothing but competent and caring. Her staff have always returned my phone calls within 24 hours. I have referred several friends and family members to her and all have been pleased.

March 27th, 2013
Dr. Gangi is a QUACK!!!. After showing up for my appointment at 8:00am, she was 40 minutes late getting into the exam room. I was referred due to low thyroid. All she did was feel my throat and ask me a bunch of STUPID questions. Then she had the audacity to ask if my husband and I could wait for 15 minutes more. HA! Our time is just as important as hers. We will NEVER rerturn to her again!! That review should be NO stars.

February 3rd, 2012
Great PA - Not enough staff staff
This is a great Dr to use for Diabetes, as long as you dont need to call between visits, for anything. Leaving messages does absolutely nothing and calling in to the office will get you put on eternal hold. Only took 5 days and several phone calls to get my prescriptions called in. Im moving on to another Dr.

September 26th, 2011
Dr. Sumana Gangi Endocrinology
This was possibly one of the worst docs I have been to. Poor care, consideration and unreasonable service. They wanted to take blood work every week before taking my shot- Very poor doctor to customer communication, unreasonable lack of care shown. Do not see this doctor- I repeat, do not see this doctor.

August 10th, 2011
great caregiver
I saw Dr. Gangi 30 days after i was diagnosed with diabeties. She took the extra time to exsplain my desease with me and answered every question i had. she supplied samples of the medication she prescribed to make sure it was the correct for me to save me money. even supplied the meter and strips to check my sugar levels. she ordered aray of blood tests to check for all possible damage that could have been caused from my diabities. she calls back her self if you call for a question. the ease of emailing blood sugar levels. and the weekly responce from either her or her staff with any changes she wants me to do with my meds to keep my levels on goal. her staff including her PA is patient and polite. she even got me in to see a diatition the same day as my first appointment and it was free of charge. she has weekly classes to help plan diets with a dietition. for those that don't have insurance she has very reasonable rates that most can afford.I am very proud to highly recommend her to anyone i meet that needs the services of a Endocrinologist, Internist.

August 3rd, 2011
I metDr Gangi first time 3 yrs ago.I have diabetes and low thyroid.She spent lot of time explaining about diabetes and gave instructions on diet and standards of care.Since then I have lost about 70 lbs and feeling absolutely great.I was on insulin for over 10yrs.Dr Gangi changed my diabetes medications and took me off of insulin.I was very skeptical when she said I dont need insulin and she was right.Now I moved 60miles away and still drives to see Dr Gangi.I email my blood sugars every week.If I dont I know I get a call from her office.It feels great to know that some one cares so much about you....I recommended lot of friends and family members to her and they all absolutely love her.I highly recommend her.

May 25th, 2011
She is great
She is thorough takes time to explain to you what is going on and does not rush.

February 22nd, 2011
Dr. Sumana Gangi was unprofessional, un-organized and insensitive. I never received follow-up to see how I was doing on new medication levels. I never received calls on my lab work. I had to call each time days after they had received the results. Dr. Gangi actually argued with me on one occasion about what level of synthroid I was on and acted as if I was a liar. She had her staff call me back to say she was confused because of the pharmancy! They didn't reply to the pharmacy for refills so I would get my medications late. Sumana Gangi is not a professional and I never felt as though she cared about my illness or treating me. I would not recommend her to anyone I know.