A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Sumanth Prabhu:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Sumanth Prabhu, FACC, FAHA, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Left Ventricular Dysfunction
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Prabhu graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Prabhu has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Kindred Hospital Louisville
- Birmingham Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Prabhu accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Anthem - 2 plans
- Bluegrass Family Health - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- University Health Care Inc., dba Passport Health Plan - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Sumanth D. Prabhu practice?
Dr. Sumanth Prabhu practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiology near Louisville, KY.
Additional practice locations include: Birmingham, AL and San Antonio, TX.
See Louisville Internists and Louisville Cardiologists.