Family Physicians
200 N Glebe Rd
Ste 300
Arlington, VA 22203
703-243-1300
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

|  Great doctor!  |  show details
Feb 11th, 2014

Dr. Sexton is the doctor for our entire family. She has been great with me, my husband, and our two young children. I've been going to her for at least seven years with no complaints. She is knowledgeable and up-to-date on current medicine and is always kind and friendly during visits. She takes time to listen to and answer our questions. She seems to have a good reputation among other doctors too, when I mention that Dr. Sexton is my primary care physician. I also heard her as a guest on the Diane Rehm show one day and was really impressed with her opinions -- she really is a fantastic doctor! The nurses and office staff are always helpful and courteous. The policy at the office is to schedule physicals way ahead of time so that there are more last-minute appointments available, which is great. I have always been able to get an appointment with either Dr. Sexton or one of the other doctors (or the Physician's Assistant) within a day of my call. I have seen almost all of the other doctors and the PA with no complaints. There are medical students there sometimes too, who visit prior to having the doctor see you, if you're okay with that. I'm always okay with that because med students are really thorough, and you still get to see the doctor afterwards, so it's like getting two doctors in one visit. Also, there's a lab on-site, which totally beats making a trip to some commercial lab for routine bloodwork. In short, I totally recommend Dr. Sexton and her practice. This is an exceptional doctor.

|  Blase attitude led to blood clot  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2011

When nothing else helped with my acne she prescribed me birth control pills which I'd never been on before. The pills gave me massive migraines and she told me to "stick with it" as my body got used to the hormones. I asked her if I should switch pills and she said it would not make much of a difference. This led to a blood clot (DVT) when I was no longer under her care. Newer studies show the hormone she put me on had 6x greater risk of clotting. She was uninformed and too liberal in my care, didn't listen to my concerns, and ultimately this led to a very dangerous situation given the drug she put me on.