A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Sumner Slavin:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Sumner Slavin is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Sumner Slavin, MD is board certified in Plastic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Surgery (Mammaplasty)
- Liposuction (Lipectomy)
- Reconstructive Surgical Procedures
- Tissue Expansion
Education & Awards
Dr. Slavin graduated from University of Vermont, Burlington. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Slavin has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Faulkner Hospital
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - Needham Campus, Inc.L CORP
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Slavin accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - 6 plans
- Tufts Health Plans - 6 plans
- United Healthcare - 4 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 10 plans
- Network Health - 2 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 1 plan
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Sumner A. Slavin practice?
Dr. Sumner Slavin practices Plastic Surgery and Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery near Brookline, MA.
See Brookline Surgeons.