3.0

May 7th, 2013
Poor Diagnostic Follow-up
The initial meeting with this Dr was followed by a 2 week wait for an important diagnostic test, which was canceled by the technician on short notice. The rescheduled test, another 2 weeks out, was again canceled by the technician on short notice. My advice is to use this Dr only if you must.

August 27th, 2012
Dr. Foo was the attending in my hospitalization and my discharge orders were incorrect and incomplete. I was discharged from the acute stroke unit without a definitive diagnosis and medication that was unneeded according to my lab work. I was also sent home without requisition for blood work to check Coumadin levels.

July 11th, 2012
I'm not sure what to make of him
First off I didn't like how he spoke to me. I sat down in his office and he just looked at his computer and said "what's the problem?" Without going into detail, I have facial problems from my condition and he was pretty insulting when talking about it. The one thing I like was that he didn't brush off how I was feeling like my last neuro. He did explain to me why I felt the way I did but he also didn't really give me a solution. He was somewhat helpful and reassuring but also wasn't as caring as I would want a doctor to be to my condition. He also needs to be a little more polite.

July 18th, 2011
THE DOCTOR APPEARED UNCONCERNED!
Dr. Foo ordered a brain MRI for me. On the report, a comparison was made with a previous MRI 5 years earlier. There were discrepancies that indicated that one condition was improved and one condition had disappeared. None of this was likely, so I called Dr. Foo to question the findings. He was uninterested. He said he only reports what the radiologist writes in the report, and if I had questions about the report, I should speak to the radiologist!!!!!! This was NYU Medical Center!!! It was his responsibility to explain the discrepancies in the 2 reports 5 years apart. He refused. I had to threaten an escalation to the head of the radiology department, before the actual radiologist called me and explained the reports in relationship to one another. She had to do the doctor's job!!!Dr Foo seemed to have no interest in me when no serious, life-threatening ailment was found. He simply wanted me to go away!!!!!

August 18th, 2010
Easy to talk to. Very pleased with his service.
Had 3 visits with Dr. Foo. Pleasant to talk with; solved problem; will recommend him highly.

February 14th, 2009
Sucks
spent very little time with me and dismissed me as a neurotic wasting his precious time. If you truly have an issue, go to somebody who actually will listen/care for you.