Dr. Sung Yoon Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Sung Yoon?

November 4th, 2016

Wonderful Doctor

By far, Dr. Yoon is the most caring doctor that I have had in all of my 62 years! She is patient, kind, knowledgeable and compassionate. I would not hesitate to recommend her to family and friends!

September 16th, 2016

Highly recommended plastic surgeon

Dr. Yoon was recommended by my breast cancer surgeon to perform reconstruction after a bilateral mastectomy. My surgeon told me that Dr. Yoon is very attentive to her patients, and she was right. Furthermore, she is an incredible surgeon and my reconstruction looks amazingly good. -Attentiveness-Dr. Yoon is very attentive. I have never felt rushed; she patiently and completely answers all questions; she personally phones to check in after surgery. When I was in the hospital, she came in on a Saturday to check on me and talked with the nurses to ensure that I was getting the care I needed. In the weeks after surgery, she follows her patients very closely, monitoring them as frequently as necessary to ensure everything is on track. She pays close attention to the patient and tailors treatment to the individual. -Careful-Dr. Yoon is extremely careful about patient health and safety. She carefully took into account specific aspects of my health, including my chemotherapy, as she designed and conducted my treatment plan. I have felt very safe in Dr. Yoon's care. -Excellent Bedside Manner-Dr. Yoon is very warm, kind, attentive, and patient. Also, it was very easy to reach Dr. Yoon after surgery to discuss concerns. -Courteous Staff-Dr. Yoon's office manager is very warm and kind as well. -Quality of Work-Absolutely Excellent. Dr. Yoon produced an amazing and beautiful reconstruction after my bilateral mastectomy. She is a very highly skilled surgeon and doctor.

July 18th, 2016

100% reccomend.

Dr. Yoon is an incredible surgeon. I met her a few months ago and felt instantly comfortable, knowing that I was in great hands. It took nearly 10 years to be able to feasibly go through with a breast reduction and I was incredibly nervous about proceeding with such a life- changing operation. I finally worked up the courage to call her office and was greeted with kind words from her office manager. At my first appointment, I met with Dr. Yoon and she made me feel completely at ease. She gave me the chance to express all of my desires/concerns related to getting a breast reduction. She was open, honest and most importantly, caring. At the time, I felt intensely insecure and scared. Dr. Yoon caught on to this, and gave me some of the kindest words I’ve ever received; expressing that there is nothing to be ashamed of in wanting a breast reduction and I that I don’t need this surgery to be beautiful. I was blown away. Dr. Yoon is also fairly conservative and expressed concerns about breastfeeding and other important factors, which speaks volumes about how much she cares about her patients and their well-being. I left feeling empowered, excited and confident about moving forward with surgery. In June, I had my breast reduction surgery and it was honestly one of the best days of my life. I went into it completely confident with Dr. Yoon and ready to change my life. The surgery went beautifully, and I’m extremely pleased with the results. I have these beautiful, petite breasts and I know this sounds strange, but I feel like a walking work of art! Dr. Yoon paid such close attention to detail and I walked away with amazing results. I consider myself incredibly lucky to have Dr. Yoon as my surgeon and would highly recommend her to anyone. Picking the right surgeon is a monumental decision, and not something that I would take lightly. In consideration of that, I would 100% recommend Dr. Yoon to not only friends, but family.

June 10th, 2016

True Gem of a Surgeon

Words cannot express my gratitude for this fabulous Surgeon. I appreciate everything about her; I have never felt rushed and her bedside manner and surgical skills are TOP NOTCH. She has gone above and beyond in every possible aspect, I trust her impeccably, and couldn't imagine being more comfortable in her hands. Despite the need for bilateral nipple sparing mastectomy, recovery was easy and I am very happy with the results. She has always returned any call within minutes; even on Christmas Eve! You simply won't find anyone that put you more at ease. True gem.

January 7th, 2015

Excellent plastic surgeon and very professional

Excellent plastic surgeon and very professional. Dr. Yoon is very polite and friendly. She has the respect of her peers and nurses in the hospitals. Her patient's follow up care is extremely important to her. Thank you for listening to my need and wants.

June 7th, 2013

Wonderful Doc!

I had a second cancer several years ago, which resulted in a double mastectomy and latissimus dorsi removal. Dr. Yoon was a bright spot in a pretty miserable and frightening experience. She has an excellent bedside manner and answered all my/our questions, which I appreciated from surgery through recovery. Highest recommendation.

January 19th, 2013

Highly recomended for breast reconstruction

I chose to work with doctor Yoon after interviewing 3 plastic surgeons for my prophylactic bilateral mastectomy. I highly recommend her because she is responsive, compassionate, and great at her work. I couldn't be happier with the results after my reconstruction, and I am thinking about flying other women in my family here (who also have the BRCA gene) because she's so great.

March 21st, 2011

Tried to Push Other Surgery

When I saw Dr. Yoon, she had a laptop and asked me questions which she entered the answers into the laptop. Prob was, I had just spent time filling out forms with those same questions. I felt like asking her why she didn't just look at the forms. So that made the visit longer than necessary.Then I was there for a consult for nipple corrective surgery and she asked me several times if I was happy with my breasts. She suggested I get a breast lift, which I don't think I need at all. Also, she said the anesthesia for the nipple surgery would be twilight (which increases the cost) while everything I have read and other doctors I visited said all that is needed is local. I feel like she brushed away what I wanted to have done and tried to push another (unneeded)surgery on to me. Maybe breast lifts are a fave of hers. I don't know, but I did not appreciate it. She also didn't give me a written quote, which the two doctors I went to after her did.

January 10th, 2011

Pretty OK Doctor

Dr. Yoon is a good doctor and seems to know her stuff, but she seems to rush through visits and take forever with appointments as well. And I heard her being rude to her receptionist. Office business should wait until patients are gone. But I still would recommend her to others.

November 13th, 2010

A competent surgeon who pays attention to details

I might not be the typical patient, because I am a male. Dr. Yoon performed plastic surgery, which wasn't elective, because it repaired damage to my skin, which another surgeon had caused when treating my melanoma. What I liked best about Dr. Yoon was her "no-nonsense" style. She didn't sugar-coat the possible outcomes of the surgery. Also following the surgery, she ordered the best care, such as a "wound-vac" machine, and such as visiting nurses. I also liked the interest she showed repeatedly in the progress of the healing of the wound. She obviously spent a lot of time suturing my wound, and the sutures held even though wound was on my foot.

July 9th, 2017