A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Sungwai Chiu:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Sungwai Chiu is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Chiu
Specialties & Research
Dr. Sungwai Chiu, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Chiu graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Chiu has 6 hospital affiliations:
- St Vincent's Midtown Hospital
- New York Methodist Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Sungwai Chiu MD is a male Internist, has 17 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology.
- Where does Dr. Sungwai Chiu practice?
- Dr. Sungwai Chiu has 4 office locations.
Dr. Sungwai Chiu practices Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology near Flushing, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Brooklyn, NY and New York, NY.
See Flushing Internists and Flushing Cardiologists.