A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Sungwai Chiu:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Sungwai Chiu is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Chiu
Coronary Heart Disease Patient Education Learn about coronary heart disease or CHD, and heart attack symptoms and prevention with our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Chiu Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Sungwai Chiu, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Chiu graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Chiu has 6 hospital affiliations:
- St Vincent's Midtown Hospital
- New York Methodist Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Sungwai Chiu MD is a male Internist, has 18 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology.
- Where does Dr. Sungwai Chiu practice?
- Dr. Sungwai Chiu has 1 office location.
Dr. Sungwai Chiu practices Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology near Flushing, NY.
See Flushing Internists and Flushing Cardiologists.