Dr. Sunil Saxena MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

July 6th, 2016
Suboxone
You mean absolutely nothing to him...10 years been seeing him so I know him very well. His business, his self/own well being and money are what matter...If/when it comes to doing ANYTHING to help a patient that may sacrifice him making money he has every rule ready to go on why he can't make any exception whatsoever. Also he is blatantly hypocritical. For example;To save a huge amount of time,money, hassle of dealing with going to another doctor for a simple matter, I've asked Saxena for a prescription for an antibiotic to fight a sinus infection. He said no, I need to go to a general practitioner, he can't do that. Then another time years later even, I've gone in and he noticed I was under the weather, he has written me a script for that same antibiotic I had needed previously, this time it was legally/morally ok for some reason. I hope this explains what type of guy he jasmines hat, I could really go on forever on how he just doesn't care but won't, if I've gotten one person to look elsewhere then I feel better, once you see him and he puts you on medicine that is physically addicting you will realize it is too late. He is not a therapist of any sort, he is just a legal drug dealer.

June 2nd, 2016
Stay away
You're just a number in this place. Stay away.

March 27th, 2015
ive been seeing dr saxena for 8 years.. he's a great doctor and a good person

October 20th, 2014
When I went into his office, I told Saxena I had trouble concentrating in school. I am a nursing student taking rigorous courses, where concentration is crucial. He talked down to me incessantly, and came up with an improper diagnosis just by talking to me for 10 minutes. Although he is knowledgable, he isn't very comforting and approachable. I don't recommend him. Sorry

April 25th, 2014
Do not take your child to Dr Saxena!
Despite learning from my teen-aged son that he was abusing alcohol and drugs (unknown to us at the time) Dr Saxena prescribed highly addictive stimulants - and not only continued this for 2 years but upped the dosage periodically at my son's request. He is a legal drug dealer - made no effort whatsoever to get real help or therapy for our son who, now that he is in good hands, believes Dr Saxena caused him serious harm.

January 13th, 2014
Doesn't care about patients
He spends less than 15 minutes talking with me, just writes the script and sees the next patient. He is unsupportive and doesn't care for the patient outside writing a prescription. Find another doctor!

November 22nd, 2013
Excellent knowledgable doctor
Very knowledgable doctor who is able to communicate thoughtfully with patients and family members. I no longer live in area and regret not having access to his professional service for my child. Anyone who does is very lucky. I've worked with several doctors and was able to compare services.

June 6th, 2013
I can't seem to find anyone else
My daughter has been seeing Dr Saxena for a while now and I totally disagree with another comment saying that he loves money. I think that he is ethical and does look out for what the patient can and cannot afford. Honestly she has been to other doctors and they were absolutely horrible. We understand him perfectly, other doctors she has been to were impossible to understand. I don't think he spends enough time with her nor his other patients and I wish he did, because what he has to say does help. I think most of the people that go to him just run in for the prescriptions and run out. Also I reached out to many other doctors in Westchester that were not on our insurance and the rates were unbelivable. One place wanted a 1/ week session for $175 and a 1/week session for $250. I told them I don't even make that much money at my job!!!

March 27th, 2012
Seek a REAL Psychiatrist, I beg you.
I've seen 3 Psychiatrists and 2 Psychiatric Nurses and I came to see Dr. Saxena. He took another gentlemen before me and made me wait a half hour over my appointment time before he took me. When he talked to me, he was more interested in hearing the story I had to tell to fill him in on what was really going on, and he never related the story to me. Got my diagnosis completely wrong and prescribed me a medication that I'm allergic to. Then refused to give me the proper treatment for someone with my diagnosis because of what was in my history and then related me to whitney houston's daugter and insinuated things that a psychiatrist should never insinuate. I beg you to find a real Psychiatric Professional. Dr. Saxena recieved his medical degree from another country outside of the United States, and because of this it makes him inferior to a doctor native to the united states. His knowledge of effective treatment plans is colored by what he has seen in his native country and your treatment will be colored by that and limited with medications that have very serious side effects or medications that honestly don't work. Never ever, ever, even if you are dying see this person or entrust anyone in your family to him. You cannot hate someone enough to send them to him.

September 30th, 2011
Wonderful psychiatrist
I've been taking my son to Dr. Saxena for years, and I have a lot of experience with many different psychiatrists. Dr. Saxena listens to patients (kids) and parents and takes all concerns into consideration. He is extremely knowledgable about medication and diagnoses carefully. He is not hesitant to change his view as new evidence (side effects, symptoms) appears. He is very ethical (hence the insistance on seeing kids/adolescents each month) and follows best practice recommendations of his profession. Yes the accent is tricky at times but he doesn't mind repeating himself. I highly recommend this doctor.

May 2nd, 2011
Not worth the aggrivation
Saw my Child, while I was in the room. Asked numerous loaded questions, very aggressive, not very child friendly. Debated my childs responses, until he was satisfied with what he wanted to hear. I attempted to intervene, but was told "they have, they can answer". As soon as we walked out of the office my kid said "I never want to see that guy agian". The accent is difficult, and he doesn't want to be questioned.....Bottom line don't waste your time or money.

September 27th, 2009
Go To Somebody Else
Dr. Saxena loves money first. My daughter has some difficulty concentrating and is doing very well taking 30 mgs. of generic Adderral. She is not interested in any time consuming sessions with Dr. Saxena. After four visits she has been stabilized on this particular drug and it will become maintenance medication. Our mail order drug company (Medco) offered all generic drugs at a $0 co-pay for three months only. I thought this was a great opportunity to get in on this offer with generic Adderral which Medco would have approved. (I spoke to one of their reps). I asked Dr. Saxena to give us a prescription for 90 pills. CT state law allows generic Adderral in 30 mg. dosages to be prescribed for three month intervals requiring a new prescription at that point. Dr. Saxena would not adhere to this saying it was illegal in the state of NY. (We are in CT). He continued to argue different excuses, all nonsense, as to why he would not give us a prescription for the allowed 90 pills insisting that we make an appointment every month. This is costly to us, as our co-pay is $30.00 and the one month supply of this drug is $25.00. The bottom line here is Dr. Saxena is out for the money and little else. How obvious is that.