Dr. Sunjay Berdia Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Sunjay Berdia?

January 18th, 2017

Head and shoulders above the rest.

Dr. Berdia properly diagnosed and surgically repaired two areas of chronic pain in my daughter's dominant elbow and forearm. He was patient, kind and knowledgeable in explaining how the symptoms and treatment would benefit her. Dr. Berdia LISTENED to my daughter and was methodical in his diagnostic approach. We had been to numerous doctor's prior to meeting Dr. Berdia. I would not hesitate to recommend him as a stellar diagnostician and surgeon. He is not eager to perform surgery unless he believes it is truly needed.

August 19th, 2016

Arrogant , never again, total waste of time and money. Was self pay and paid 560.00 for a cast that was too tight and had to be removed. Didn't even address the pain and nerve damage.Would not recommend seein him.

August 17th, 2016

Dr. Sunjay Berdia is an exquisitely trained orthopedic surgeon. He has restored pain-free movement in my arthritic right hand, right elbow and right shoulder. I would never consider having surgery on my upper extremities unless the procedure was performed by Dr. Berdia!

May 13th, 2016

Dr. Beria is very professional and an excellent doctor who thinks of the patient first and is not surgery happy. I hear his name often when talking to people in the medical field.

February 27th, 2016

Outstanding Surgeon

Dr. Berdia was my surgeon for two basal joint arthritis surgeries; the left hand in 2008, and as he predicted, the right hand in 2012. They both involved bone and tendon removal, as well as tendon replacement from other areas. His professionalism and expertise was top of the line. He took his time in explaining the sensitivity and delicacy of the procedures, as well as the projected physical therapy follow-up, making sure that I was fully informed. His after surgery follow-up was outstanding. I followed all of his guidance in both instances, and as a result, there is no more pain or discomfort and I have 100% range of motion and full use of both of my hands. I strongly recommend this surgeon and would not hesitate to hire him again.

February 10th, 2016

Dr. Beria and staff were outstanding. I only wish he had been my initial doctor for this injury.

September 15th, 2015

Find a better doctor

As a specialist this doctor is probably good, but as a doctor not so much. He really does not care about a patient and he shows it. I would think other doctors from the same office may be a much better choice. Although it is very easy to make an appointment with Dr. Berdia (probably because patients try to avoid him?), the waiting time is way too long (well over an hour). The front desk staff is not that friendly (or cares).

September 9th, 2015

I treated with Dr. Berdia for nearly a year in the DC office. First of all, the staff there is great. The medical assistants and admin assistants are very friendly. I also had two rounds of PT with Jen and really liked her as well. She helped improve my range of motion after surgery. As for Dr. Berdia, I can see why he has such mixed reviews. Overall, I really like him and would (and probably will have to due to the nature of my condition) treat with him again. One would be hard-pressed to find a hand specialist with more impressive credentials than Dr. Berdia. He truly is an expert in his field. As for his bedside manners, 85 percent of the time, I thought he was very friendly and had a good sense of humor. He seemed very attentive to what I had to say. However, I did feel that about 15 percent of my appointments were rushed and that he was brusque, but I think that is just because he is so busy and pulled in so many different directions. I can understand why some people might rate him poorly if they only encountered him on one of those "off" days. I scheduled nearly all of my appointments early in the morning and didn't have to wait long to be seen. However, there were longer wait times if I scheduled later in the day. Overall, I would recommend. :-)

February 17th, 2015

Great Surgeon

As for Dr Berdia, he took a dead tendon in my hand and attached it to another one to restore the function of my thumb. You don't realize how often you use your dominant thumb until you can't use it anymore. He has a calm, friendly bedside manner and patiently answered all of my questions before and after surgery, and through rehab. I am now nearly finished with physical therapy and am very happy with the results. The hand therapists in the Physical Therapy office on the other side of the waiting room are pretty awesome too.

May 6th, 2014

Best Hand Doc

He's one of the best hand surgeons, if not the best, in the world. If you have a hand problem, he's the man to see.

April 18th, 2014

Shoulder Injury

Dr. Berdia had terrible bedside manners. He spend about 2.5 minutes with me. I was told that a shoulder MRI was needed and that they had to get an approval from my insurance company. That was true, however it is three days later, and they have not contacted my insurance company yet. The Dr. was aware of the pain I was in at the time of my visit, nevertheless I was told that he had not turned in his clinical notes that would have been needed to get the approval for the MRI. This is the kind of medical service that no one should be exposed to. This is the 1st of what might a few reviews.

December 9th, 2013

Basal joint repair patient

I have suffered with with sever Basal Joint Arthritis in both thumb joints. Dr Sunjay Berdia, repaired these with the tendon graft surgery. I work in a school kitchen and found lifting things painful and sometimes impossible. I now have full use of both thumbs after the surgery and physical therapy. In my opinion, Dr. Berdia is outstanding in his profession. Dr. Berdia always took the time to explain everything to me, I felt, comfortable and very satisfied with his care.