Dr. Surbjinder Guram MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Irmo, SC

3.8

April 26th, 2017
Rude, cold, dismissive, wants to spend as little time or conversation as possible, and seems genuinely irritated when asked questions about tests, medications, and follow-ups. And boy does he love tests. Be aware that he's owner (or at least co-owner) of South Carolina Internal Medicine, which includes its own in-house testing, as well as a vein center, sleep clinic, weight loss center, etc. I never once felt like Dr. Guram had my best interests as a patient at heart. In my opinion, he seems more interested in making money. While I assume it's legal in South Carolina for a physician to own a clinic and testing facilities, it's definitely a terrible conflict of interest. Although I've had positive experiences with the nurses and staff, I do NOT recommend Dr. Guram. I've since found a new doctor, and am much happier.

July 1st, 2016
I would recommend Dr. Guram! He is very thorough.

December 30th, 2009
Everyone i have interacted with at Dr. Guram's practice has been very pleasant, helpful, & professional. I was referred by the doctor to a specialist, & couldn't have been happier with the referral as well! Being relatively new to the area, I am relieved to have found excellent care.

October 3rd, 2008
Refers to own clinics
Dr Guram told me I needed to have a sleep study, hemroid removal, and a heart imaging test when I showed no related symptoms. It turns out he owns these clinics. Seems pretty shady to me.

October 1st, 2008
Wonderful Physician!!
I highly recommend Dr. Guram. He helped save my mother's life. I have seen him for over 10 years and respect and trust him so much. Patient friendly and extremely knowlageble. Best physician in town :)