A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Surendar Purohit:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Surendar Purohit, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Purohit graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor.
Dr. Purohit has 27 hospital affiliations:
- Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital
- Glendale Adventist Medical Center/Adventist Health
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Purohit accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Health - 2 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 3 plans
- Meridian Health Plan of MI, Inc. (Formerly Health Plan of MI) - 1 plan
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 3 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 24 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 2 plans
- Care 1st Health Plan - 2 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 3 plans
- LA Care Health Plan - 1 plan
- Blue Shield of California - 4 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Surendar S. Purohit practice?
Dr. Surendar Purohit practices Ophthalmology near Jackson, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Ann Arbor, MI and Chelsea, MI.
See Jackson Ophthalmologists.