Dr. Surendra Basti Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Surendra Basti?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 17th, 2016

Dr. Basti was highly recommended to me by 2 former patients. He did cataract surgery on my eyes. He was very thorough, explained everything, listened and answered all of my questions, and gave me a few choices and recommendations. I am very happy with the results.

September 11th, 2015

Dr. Basti and his team are exceptional

April 9th, 2015

Not a friend to the handicapped

My son was diagnosed with an eye condition leading to blindness. He also has autism. Dr. Basti barely spent 10 minutes with us, said there was nothing that could be done and that we should go home. He did not tell us there was a preventive treatment available in Canada or in clinical trials in the US. We went to Canada, go the procedure done, and were encouraged to get s second opinion because they had misgivings about Dr. Basti's recommendations. If you have a disabling condition, that is not visual, don't waste your time on this guy.

February 27th, 2014

Several months ago I saw an Ophthalmologist for cataract surgery. Unfortunately, he performed a procedure without my consent or informing me of what the results would be. I had expected to have my cataracts removed and have clearer vision. Instead, I was unable to see clearly either close up or at mid-vision. After three months, I was still unable to read or see clearly. My balance was affected. I was devastated. Subsequently I saw a number of eye surgeons, all of whom advised me to "live with" my altered vision and each prescribed eyeglasses. None of them helped . Somehow, I continued to believe someone would help me. After researching online, I found Dr. Basti. His description gave me hope and I called for an appointment. He explained the problem, went over the risks involved, outlined the options, and took into consideration my needs and concerns. He was patient, forthright and caring. We agreed that he should operate on the other eye. The operation took place several weeks ago, and for the first time in months, I can read. Once again I see clearly at every distance. I'm so thankful I found him and from every standpoint, can't recommend him more highly.

January 6th, 2012

Dr. Basti is smart AND expert.

For me, it is important to be with a doctor who is highly competent. He is. Plus, he saved me alot of cash with the way he wrote the prescription.

February 10th, 2009