Dr. Suresh Mahawar MD Patient Reviews

1.9
  • 4 reviews

July 21st, 2015
Like going to the worst run place
Staff is 99% uncapable of running a medical office. Wait time is incredible long. Oh to have the dr interrupt you when you answer questions ( he doesn't want to hear " he said she said" just papers. Well get a new staff that actually receives ANYTHING. Three Drs have sent this office my info, yet he has none??? Not my job. If something other then the one organ I was sent for, hurts due to that or headaches are worse? He stops me and saying that's not why I'm there. Why do go to pain management and tell him my symptoms when he asks then?

November 21st, 2013
Never again...
Dr Mahawar is a really poor example of a pain management doctor. Although, I think all of these pain management doctors are all just a little off (IMO) and he be on the better side of the scales, he still cared less for my condition and was always more concerned if myinsurance was current and that he would get paid for his services. I kept telling him that his receptionist should inquire of my insurance before my appointment if he felt as though he may not get paid... Sheesh!!! He did tend to my chronic pain needs and medication, but when I needed info for my social security disability case, he had all the wrong information. It stated I had a partial kidney removal, that I tested positive for cocaine, heroin, and marijuana, and the medication he had me on was nothing that I was or had ever had taken. So, he or his staff had most definetly mixed my information up with someone else's and had no reply as to how or what had happened... Ridiculous!!! My wife and I couldn't believe just how incompetent this doctor and staff where. I needed up firing him and have my primary taking care of my chronic pain needs. My wife and I have had met a few other pain management doctors in the midst of all this, some more "unique" than others, and I can truly say that Dr Mahawar is the best one we've met, if it just wasn't for his concern for getting paid and total negligence for keeping accurate records, I would still be with him.

November 28th, 2011
Disabled
I was referred to Dr Mahawar for disability eval after bilateral mastectomy and complications of advanced stage cancer treatment/post mastectomy pain syndrome/Lymphedema left me unable to work. He was HORRIBLE! Rude and unprofessional. Kept me waiting for 45 mins. Then had his office assistant take my medical history - she wasnt qualified to do - didn't understand the terminology I used w her. After he arrived and kicked her out, he started typing on the CRT; never said hello/introduced himself to my husband or myself (weird). His blackberry rang in the middle of me telling him about my disabling pain and w out excusing himself, he answered the phone and proceeded to have a 5 minute personal call w someone! then he asked me if he had everything - which I told him I didn't know, because his assistant took the history and I wasn't sure she understood what I was telling her. I asked him to read it to me and sure enough, he says "trunk edema", which is NOT what I told her - I have truncal Lymphedema, which is a painful, permanent, disabling condition. He said "I know that!", but I'm not sure he did and if I hadn't said something, he wd have sent that in the report. He wasn't even going to examine me until I mentioned the swelling and he asked to see it, so I took my shirt off to show him the scar tissue and swelling under what used be my left breast. After 15 more minutes of typing/no talking, he left the room, said "good luck to you" walked out and left the door wide open so everyone in his office/lobby could see in the exam room and I wasn't dressed had no shirt on! Awful! I wd not recommend this dr for anything.

April 18th, 2010
Best Medical Experience
I found Dr. Mahawar extremely friendly and easy to deal with. His staff was helpful and freindly. Dr. Mahawar also spent more time with me than I expected and he helped me understand everything that was going on with my condition in detail.