Dr. Surinder Dhawan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Surinder Dhawan?

Go Somewhere Else

Posted on November 3rd, 2016

This doctor has got to greedy for me. The second to last time I went to his "practice" his office personal could not verify my Insurance on a Saturday. It had not changed it just renewed a month before. Nothing had changed not the policy number nor member ID nothing, so his office lady insisted I pay for visit up front and any lab fees. I knew I needed lab work so up could be up to 200.00 for taking bloodwork plus 98.00-175.00 for seeing the doctor. They couldn't tell me exactly how much but required my 98.00 up front go to the back and if it costed more I would pay it before I leave. I explained(very nicely) nothing had changed on my insurance and she says quote" I know how to do my JOB!!" As explained below I'm not a new patient and I pay 200.00 a month for my insurance so I will only pay my 35.00 copay. I asked Ok how long will it take for reimbursement ? "up to Two months" she says. I said no thank you. I drove down to Rapid Care and they were able to verify my insurance in 3minutes even though I had never been there. So on to my next visit with Dhawan. After finally getting to a room and sitting in the room for 53 minutes( yes I timed it) I found out the waits are so long because his Physician Assistant left his practice months ago and he won't hire another PA to keep from paying another salary so wait times to see a doctor has doubled.(a inside conversation). He's internal medicine and urgent care so I go for yearly checkups and when I'm sick. I don't go back after I'm sick to say hey feel better now so he can charge my insurance so after seeing him last time he had me sign a agreement if I didn't come back in 2 weeks to say thanks for the antibiotics I feel better and charge my insurance again while your at it, that he would not see me as a patient anymore. This is when I knew 100% I would never return here. People like me helped start his business on Wicker St. 15 years ago in a hole in the wall office. It goes back to the old saying" don't forget where you come from". There are a lot of other people who have MD behind their name Mr. Surinder. PS... I've always had to call to get my own lab results. That's a first for me. My specialist MD's always call and even the new Internal Medicine MD I'm seeing now call when results come in.

The Elite Medical Care

Posted on March 18th, 2016

Posted on June 9th, 2014

If you dont have insurance you will not get a prescription for anything! if you are really sick bring a pillow the wait is horrific.

Appt took Forever!!!

Posted on February 8th, 2014

I tried to get Dr. Dhawan to refill a prescription for me until I could make an appt to get examined and get my prescription rewritten. My pharmacy contacted the office numerous times but no one from the office ever responded. I was forced to come in to get a refill. So I was charged at the front desk for my visit. Then I waited 2 hours to see the doctor before I could get my prescription. The nurses and front desk staff were rude. The room they made me wait in was so hot I couldn't stand it. I will not be coming back to this office again.

Dr. Dhawan - a nice, skilled doc

Posted on February 12th, 2011

I like this Dr. and think he is very capable performing conventional medical care. Sanford is lucky to have him.

A VERY CARING AND COMPETENT PHYSICIAN

Posted on September 3rd, 2010

I have seen Dr. Dhawan several times in the past 4-5 years, for bad cases of flu and congestion. My wife and her grandson have also been patients. He is not our primary care physician, as his practice is a modern, well-equipped urgent care facility. We have found Dr. Dhawan to be an exceptionally caring physician who engages his patients and listens well. Serious outbreaks of flu, and the hours when other physicians are on the golf course, can cause him to be slammed with work but he still takes the time each patient needs and provides very solid, competent care. He deserves high marks for that.

Posted on March 30th, 2017