Dr. Susan Baker Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Susan Baker?

COPD

COPD

Have you seen Dr. Susan Baker?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 13th, 2016

Great doctor with confusing staff.

Dr. Baker is a lovely woman and very attentive physician. I enjoy our visits and feel that she is on top of her game. However, her support staff makes everything a little more difficult - and sometimes confusing - than it needs to be. To see Dr. Baker, you're required to pay a non-reimbursable $350 administrative fee. I understand that small practices need additional funds for staff and to deal with insurance companies (I'm OON, so I still pay additional fees on top of a copay), but you would that staff to be on par with Dr. Baker's quality of care. Unfortunately, my experience with common things like refills, clear instructions on using my medication and getting medical records to pass along to other physicians who need to stay abreast of my condition has been ... well, we'll just say bumpy. Finally, I think Dr. Baker and her office are a little overwhelmed, perhaps taking on more patients and complex cases than they can handle. Again, Dr. Baker is a lovely lady and I do think she is knowledgable in her area, but when a serious complication arose during my treatment, her approach to the problem (including communication and steps to resolution/management) was what I expect to see at the community health center level, not at the private specialist level. I dug a little and unfortunately discovered that Dr. Baker may not be up to speed on the latest FDA safety warnings with regards to some of the medications she prescribes and dispenses in her office. Specifically those that have forced manufacturers to change their labels and require physicians to understand under what circumstances serious complications may occur. This is just not acceptable and there is never an excuse not to cross reference a patient's prior clinical history with drug safety. If the doctor doesn't have the time, then they need a PA or an advisory Pharm to double check before administering drugs. It's a shame that such a bright and obviously talented woman would put even one patient in harms way.

March 10th, 2015

Never returns calls or gives you your results.

February 21st, 2015

Outstanding

Excellent physician with an excellent staff.

August 21st, 2014

Dr. Baker is a "top of the line" physician. She was courteous, compasionate, patient with all the wonderful ingredients mixed in that comprise of a skillful physician. She listened carefully and attentively and I felt my concerns were addressed, in addition to feeling welcomed and in good hands. I highly recommend her for patient care

September 2nd, 2013

Finally a Doctor Who Cares

I've suffered from pain in my back, shoulders, knees and hands since 2004. I've seen doctor after doctor with no diagnosis and the same meds prescribed over and over again. Quite honestly, I was disenchanted with the whole doctor thing at this point but my joint pain increasingly got worse. I had a family member who mentioned Dr. Baker in Beverly Hills and I decided to give things one last try. I am so glad I did! Dr. Baker is an incredible rheumatologist who cares. Not only did she listen and acknowledge all of my symptoms, but she wanted to get to the root of my pain just as much as I did. A doctor who cares is hard to find, but Dr. Baker is certainly one of them.

August 30th, 2013

Life Saver!!

After dealing with this horrible rash/hives thing all over my body for months without a single doctor being able to correctly diagnose me, I finally saw Dr. Baker who was recommended to me by a friend. She immediately was able to tell what it was - I have an autoimmune disorder - and she prescribed me to something totally different than what the other doctors had given me. And guess what? It worked! My weird skin thing is almost completely gone and it's only been a few weeks. I am so grateful for what I call Dr. Baker's "magic touch." I can't imagine what I would have done if I hadn't found her.

August 13th, 2013

Arthritis Dr in LA

Specializes in arthritis and really knows her stuff!

July 19th, 2013

I was recommended to Dr Baker by my dermatologist for my chronic knee and back pain. She did a series of X-rays and then prescribed a form of treatment to alleviate the pan and so far the results are obvious. This was one of the best referrals I have ever received

July 2nd, 2013

Great Doc

If you are suffering from unexplained joint pain, I would definitely consider seeing this doctor. I went to an orthopedist and an endocrinologist before going to see Dr. Baker, who diagnosed me with a connective tissue disorder. I'm finally starting to feel well again. Definitely recommend to others!

July 2nd, 2013

Kind and compassionate doctor

June 6th, 2013

Great Doctor

Dr. Baker is a great physician - she was able to diagnose my condition (rheumatoid arthritis) and get me started on some medication that has really be ...

June 6th, 2013

Very kind and professional

Had a wonderful experience with Dr. Baker. She is informative and professional. A great recommendation from my GP!