Susan A Baker, MD

436 N Bedford Dr
Ste 211
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
310-274-7770
Locations and availability (2)

by Jane Hamilton on Aug 21st, 2014

Dr. Baker is a "top of the line" physician. She was courteous, compasionate, patient with all the wonderful ingredients mixed in that comprise of a skillful physician. She listened carefully and attentively and I felt my concerns were addressed, in addition to feeling welcomed and in good hands. I highly recommend her for patient care

|  Finally a Doctor Who Cares  |  show details
Sep 2nd, 2013

I've suffered from pain in my back, shoulders, knees and hands since 2004. I've seen doctor after doctor with no diagnosis and the same meds prescribed over and over again. Quite honestly, I was disenchanted with the whole doctor thing at this point but my joint pain increasingly got worse. I had a family member who mentioned Dr. Baker in Beverly Hills and I decided to give things one last try. I am so glad I did! Dr. Baker is an incredible rheumatologist who cares. Not only did she listen and acknowledge all of my symptoms, but she wanted to get to the root of my pain just as much as I did. A doctor who cares is hard to find, but Dr. Baker is certainly one of them.

|  Life Saver!!  |  show details
by Jen G. on Aug 29th, 2013

After dealing with this horrible rash/hives thing all over my body for months without a single doctor being able to correctly diagnose me, I finally saw Dr. Baker who was recommended to me by a friend. She immediately was able to tell what it was - I have an autoimmune disorder - and she prescribed me to something totally different than what the other doctors had given me. And guess what? It worked! My weird skin thing is almost completely gone and it's only been a few weeks. I am so grateful for what I call Dr. Baker's "magic touch." I can't imagine what I would have done if I hadn't found her.

|  Great Arthritis Dr!  |  show details
by Hayley K. on Aug 22nd, 2013

I am so happy I went to her, Dr. Baker was nothing but caring and helpful!

|  Arthritis Dr in LA  |  show details
Aug 13th, 2013

Specializes in arthritis and really knows her stuff!

by Maureen E on Jul 19th, 2013

I was recommended to Dr Baker by my dermatologist for my chronic knee and back pain. She did a series of X-rays and then prescribed a form of treatment to alleviate the pan and so far the results are obvious. This was one of the best referrals I have ever received

|  Great Doc  |  show details
by Glenn Doyle on Jul 2nd, 2013

If you are suffering from unexplained joint pain, I would definitely consider seeing this doctor. I went to an orthopedist and an endocrinologist before going to see Dr. Baker, who diagnosed me with a connective tissue disorder. I'm finally starting to feel well again. Definitely recommend to others!

by richard cervantes on Dec 13th, 2012

Dr. Baker is a kind considerate professional that demonstrates care and empathy to each of her patients at every visit.

Dec 13th, 2012

I've never met a nicer physician. Very caring and compassionate. Very knowledgeable.

Dec 7th, 2012

Dr Baker is extremely compassionate. I also that she is on top of all the latest research and treatments available. She has an answer to all my questions and takes all the time necessary to explain pros and cons of every alternative.

|  Comprehensive, compassionate care  |  show details
by Mary C. Foster on Dec 5th, 2012

I've been seeing Dr. BAker since I moved to LA in 2007. She treats me for Lupus and other rheumatology disorders, as well as any general health eneds that have arisen over the years. I can't say enough positive about her and her staff. She is diligent in seeking the most effective, efficient treatment to help me of any doctor I've ever seen for this or any other conditions. She is always knowledgeable about anything new that may be helpful in improving my health and quality of life. I feel that my care has been as comprehensive and effective of any I could imagine. I owe her a great deal of gratitude for work so hard to help me get healthy!

Dec 4th, 2012

Very knowledgeable and professional. Convenient having everything necessary in office and not being sent to outside labs or facilities.

|  Fantastic doctor!  |  show details
Nov 7th, 2011

For nearly two years, I was shuffled from doctor to doctor, trying a wide array of specialists to deal with my chronic pain and a variety of ailments. Numerous painful tests and injections, regimens, taking drugs with horrible side effects, and misdiagnosis after frustrating misdiagnosis.I had all but given up hope, resigned to the fact that I may never find out what was wrong with me, when I met with a Neurologist who told me, "I can't believe you haven't seen a Rheumatologist," and strongly recommended that I contact Dr. Susan Baker.After requesting all my previous records and thoroughly studying my entire medical history, we sat down for an extensive interview about my situation. She was incredibly thoughtful and complete in our discussions, with a sense of sympathy and attention to detail that I was completely unfamiliar with. If there is one thing I remember from that first day, it was her assuring me that I was absolutely in the right place, and that "we're going to figure this out and make you feel a whole lot better." Of course, what better statement could someone hear from a doctor, especially someone who had been through the incredibly stressful and frustrating ordeal that I had been through?No unnecessary testing, a great listener, very compassionate, quick response time when you need to reach someone, results in record time ,minimal office waiting time, a courteous staff, everything I could have hoped for and more. On one occasion, she reached out to me herself because she was going out of town and wanted to make sure I had all my necessary medication. Seriously, I thought it was a friend pulling a prank on me. Chronic pain is incredibly difficult to live with, and Dr. Baker and I are still in the middle of determining the exact cause of my specific condition. But for the first time, I'm actually feeling a lot better, and have complete faith that I'm working with someone who I trust will provide superlative care with incredible bedside manner.I would absolutely recommend Dr. Susan Baker to anyone without hesitation.

|  Dr Baker is SMART!  |  show details
Oct 30th, 2011

I started seeing Dr. Baker as my primary care physician in June 2011. I am in my mid-thirties and have small children. So, it didn't concern me much that some of my joints ached - although it was a little strange that it tended to be the right side. After some x-rays and blood tests returned, I learned A LOT about my health. The news, although a bit of a downer, was also very positive because everything was treatable. Some of the treatment was basic but had numerous results, like taking a prescription dose of Vitamin D. The point is that Dr. Baker changed my life and gave me information that will make managing my own health much more straightforward. I now understand how my symptoms are related, so that I won't have to spend years treating them individually, only to find out that damage was adding up because they weren't treated together. She is smart, has a great sense of humor, follows up to see how you are doing, and is responsive. Her staff is great too!

Sep 2nd, 2011

Compassionate,caring and well informed with a great bedside manner!!

|  the best  |  show details
Aug 10th, 2011

She turned my life around! The best doctor I have ever gone to

|  Best Rheumatologist  |  show details
Jul 30th, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Susan Baker for the last 6 years. She is a wonderful rheumatologist and has gotten me through some very rough times. Thanks to Dr. Baker and her staff my RA is now in remission and I have no permanent damage. Her staff is very professional and friendly and she has fantastic bed-side manor. I love Dr. Baker.

|  Hard to find a great Rheumatologist. Here is one....  |  show details
May 31st, 2011

If you have a chronic disease like lupus, psoriasis or rheumatoid arthritis... you may need a rheumatologist as you navigate some tough decisions regarding medications, treatment, etc. Dr Baker is smart, up to date and spends time with her patients. This comes from a fellow M.D. and patient. We are lucky to have her in L.A.

|  definitely would refer to Dr. Baker  |  show details
Feb 14th, 2011

Professional, caring, dedicated.Have no problems referring people to her office for treatment.

|  A great and caring doctor!  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2010

Dr. Baker has helped me tremendously. She was the only one who could figure out what was ailing me. She turned my life around!

Apr 1st, 2010

this doctor didn't know what she was doing. After examination, she had to send me to another doctor

|  Dr. Baker  |  show details
by on Jan 11th, 2010

Dr. Baker is a great Dr. she is very easy to talk too. I will miss her, I just found out that she is no longer with Dr. Bluestone in the Beverly Hills office. I wish I would have known it would have been nice to get a card from her telling us she would be leaving.