Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Susan Balter
Dr. Susan Balter, MD is a Doctor primarily located in River Forest, IL, with another office in Oak Park, IL. She has 48 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine, General Practice, Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease. Dr. Balter is affiliated with Gottlieb Memorial Hospital, MacNeal Hospital and Rush Oak Park Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Susan Balter has the following 4 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for...
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals,...
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad...
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism....
Dr. Susan Balter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near River Forest, IL.
Dr. Glenn Bynum
River Forest, IL 0.11 mi51
Dr. Beth Davis Phillpotts
River Forest, IL 0.25 mi25
Dr. Howard Levinsky
Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine, Geriatric Medicine
River Forest, IL 0.33 mi37