Dr. Susan Barr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Susan Barr?

January 11th, 2015

Wonderful doctor. She took the time to meet with me in her office after the exam and explained ALL my options. We came up with a treatment plan together. Highly recommend her.

December 11th, 2010

Seven Years of Pain Over!

I first saw Dr Barr this past week after seeing specialists for 7 years both urologists and gynocologists who both told me it was the other's problem and I needed to see the other specialist. Nobody wanted to stand up and take any initiative in me and help. I finally get an appointment, go in, see a specialist - paying hundreds of dollars since I don't have insurance - and if they told me right off it wasn't their area, act like they had no interest at all, or give me another overactive bladder medication I would find another doctor. Finally I contacted SLUCare Dept of Women's Wellness and Obstetrics and asked for a Urogynocologist and was given an appt 2 weeks later with Dr Susan Barr. She was unbelievably kind and knew what the problem was before she stepped in the room. She read over my records, saw how I had been displaced by other doctors, and worked with me giving me a name for my condition - Interstitial Cystitis - as well as names of other drugs to try instead of more overactive bladder medications that have to be taken for months and then find out they didn't work. Before her I had slipped into depression and constantly wondered how I could live the rest of my life like this when I was living day to day. She has worked with hundreds of patients with the problem. I have told everyone I can think of about her, even those without urological problems, and hope everyone else out there finds her or someone like her to help them. It's going to take months to find out if it works but this time I have a feeling if this for any reason is not the right treatment we're on the right track. God Bless Dr Barr.

January 16th, 2017