Dr. Susan Benes MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 11th, 2013
Wow!
Dr. Benes has to be one of the most amazing physicians in practice today. She was so easy to get along with, very caring, devoted and educated beyond belief! I had a terrible time with a previous opthamologist at OSU and I was very nervous about something my OD found that he had disregarded. He provided me with no answers and made me feel like I was crazy. Within just a few minutes and prior to Dr. Benes laying a hand on me she diagnosed me...and she was right! She spent the rest of our visit educating me about me about my eye and about my health. I feel so blessed to have met her and have her as my doctor. I had no questions because she spent so much time educating me and doing it well that I left with more knowledge than I knew what to do with! I feel so much better about my eyes now and six months of worry was completely dissipated after a few minutes under her care. I think anyone who meets her should consider themselves lucky! She is wonderful!!!

April 25th, 2013
Best Myasthenia and Graves Eye Care MD
I have been a patient of Dr. Benes' since I was 12. 25 yrs later I can't imagine going to anyone else to treat my crazy, complicated, eye-condition.

November 18th, 2012
She is the most thorough, knowledgeable, and kind neuro-opthamologist in the world

April 30th, 2012
Melissa
I can not say enough good things about Dr. Bennes. We were referred to Dr. Bennes after a D.O. examined our seven year old. The D.O. thought that our daughter may have had an auto immune disease called Myasthenia Gravis. Thankfully, Dr. Bennes confirmed that she did not have the condition. Dr. Bennes was extremely thorough and allowed us to ask as many questions as we wanted. I was very impressed by all of the technology in her office. Finally a doctor with knowledge and answers!

February 29th, 2012
She is taking great care of my 25 year old daughter for her pseudo tumor condition. I was scared to death when she was pregnant...but Dr. Benes was very reassuring and all is well. My daughter granddaughter are beautiful and healthy.

November 29th, 2010
I was a patient of Dr.Benes years ago I was Dx with a pseudo cerbri.Dr.Benes as well as her staff was very through and compassionate. After Dr.Benes completed a optic nerve decomprssion on my eyes I have not had anymore symptoms of my dx. And my vision is intact. I'm afraid of what might of happened if her & her staff hadnt been so through...Blidness was a high possibility.

July 13th, 2010
Very good Doctor... Poor Staff
I must say Dr. Benes is a really good doctor. She is very good on going over everything and making you feel comfortable. But I must say the staff is horrible and rude. They are very unhelpful and very mean when it comes to your first impression. Even when I called to get my test results she rudely told me "I am with patients right now, I don't have time" "I guess just give me your number, and I'll try to call you back." When I was leaving the appointment I asked do I have to come back. Or is there another appointment I have to schedule and she rudely told me, "Uhh, No she doesn't want to see your again" Needless to say, I am very unsatisfied with the Staff.

July 6th, 2010
AMAZING AWESOME BRILLIANT

May 12th, 2009
Wonderful!!!
The best Neuro-Ophthalmologist in Columbus. I have intracranial hypertension, and Dr. Benes, using her state-of-the-art equipment and years of experience was able to pinpoint it for me after other neuro-ophthalmologists disappointingly failed to help me. I attribute my continued eyesight and reduced symptoms to her, directly! She is very down to earth, easy to talk to and answers all your questions, and I would recommend her to anyone!

February 23rd, 2009
Great Dr. and person
Dr. Benes is one of the most professional and caring doctors to which I have been. In my opinion she is amazingly intelligent and tops in her field. She diagnosed an issue I'd had for 4 years that no other doctors had figured out. I'd highly recommend her.

October 28th, 2015