Susan Bornstein Is this you?

Have you seen Susan Bornstein?

Posted on December 19th, 2016

she is a very good doctor

Easy to talk to and thorough. I am post menopausal and looking for a practice or doctor that focuses more on gynecology , instead of obstetrics. Office staff is friendly,.

Posted on April 13th, 2015

Good doctor, nice staff and was very satisfied with her care

Posted on February 4th, 2015

Very nice. Very gentle.

Outstanding

Posted on May 27th, 2014

Dr Bornstein has been my Gyn for over 15 years and to this day she still surprises me with how thorough she is in her evaluations of my overall health. She genuinely cares for the patient as a whole and gives me the confidence to know that when I have issues, she will do whatever is necessary to get to the answer. I know she will retire at some point in the future and I can't imagine finding anyone with the commitment level she has to her patients.

Grateful

Posted on December 4th, 2013

Dr Bornstein really took time to evaluate me and my health concerns. She listened to my concerns and took appropriate steps to resolve my issues. I really appreciate her work in this field and we need more doctors like her.

Posted on April 17th, 2013

Had my one and only visit with this doctor after being referred to her by my primary physician. Waited over an hour before being called back. Staff gave no explanation of delay, no apologizes from the doctor either. Did not go back and just visited a different doctor for the first time today and first impressions have been so different. So glad I decided not to return to Dr Bornstein. Also informed my primary doctor of my unsatisfaction of the doctor she recommended to me.

May cost you extra

Posted on November 19th, 2012

Went in for an annual gyno exam (pap, pelv exam, etc.) and answered what I thought were first time patient questions from Dr. Bornstein to find out my history. She asked me about having children so I told her I been trying but I did not want to do anything at this time (currently having thyroid problem). She pushed more but I thought it was done when she said I just need to decide soon. She finished my exam and continued pushing infertility issues by giving me info to get my husband tested. I just took the info and left. Never followed through on any infertility testing but 2 mos later I'm billed $440 for an Infertility Consultation instead of my annual exam. Now I have to pay out of pocket because insurance won't cover. Called office and office manager said even if we talked about infertility for just 5 min, it's still a consultation. Be careful with this doctor.

Doctor's Response

An infertility evaluation or discussion would not have been instituted without the patient bringing this subject up. Perhaps she was inquiring into the possibility of whether or not she could become pregnant, asking about the effect of her thyroid problems on conception, wondering what was involved in testing or if such should be started. It is not a typical component of an annual exam, which by definition is non-problem oriented. However, if there is such a discussion, it becomes a part of the medical record and the visit coding must reflect that. Many times, a patient will state that they want, or schedule, an annual exam, but the actual content of the visit is more, or different than that. The insurance carriers frequently, unfortunately, neglect to explain that to their clients. This can put the patients' needs and physician's legal coding obligations at odds. If patients ever have a question as to whether a particular service is covered, they should not hesitate to ask, preferably in advance. The manner in which health care services in the US are reimbursed is a real problem, and we can only hope that this will be fixed in the future.

OUTSTANDING PHYSICIAN

Posted on June 25th, 2012

Dr. Bornstein is an outstanding physician. She is the best doctor I have ever been to. Even though she is my gyno., I wish she could be my general doctor. I love going to her. I completely trust her as my physician. She has helped my health tremdiously. I am a better person because of her. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a new doctor.

Worst Gyno experience EVER

Posted on April 18th, 2012

Upon arriving the staff were all very nice and caring. Dr. Bornstein on the other hand, made me feel humiliated and was very rough with me to the point I actually cried and wanted to run out of the office. She left the room in the middle of my exam and had the door wide open with me lying there with my legs in the air. She then had multiple people coming in the room during my exam. It was not even a papsmear...just a general exam and I left bleeding and sore for a few days afterwards. Her remarks and lack of sensitivity to my problems and concerns made me feel as though she was trying to make this experience very uncomfortable for me. I've never in my life left after a gyno visit feeling as terrible as I did after leaving her office.

Doctor's Response

I wonder if this patient has confused me with someone else or posted this in error. I have never engaged in such behavior--not even sure what kind of "general exam" would not involve a pelvic exam in a gynecologist's office. I always strive to provide the best possible care and experience for my patients and would hope that if a visit does not meet expectations that the patient would bring their concerns to my attention.

Posted on December 15th, 2011

No matter what time of day my appointment is I wait at least 30 minutes to an hour before getting into the room. Then I wait another 15 minutes to 30+ minutes. Her first appointment is at 9 am, she shows up at 9:30. She books to appointments per appointment time slot.

Doctor's Response

We are very respectful of patients' needs to be seen in a timely fashion. However, medical practice being what it is, it takes some time for patients to fill out paperwork and for charts to be updated before the patient is even brought back to the clinical area. We take great care in our scheduling of patients, but unfortunately, patients do not always disclose to the scheduling staff all of the items on their agenda for discussion.In an effort to meet the patient's needs, a particular visit may take longer than anticipated. We hope that the next patients down the line would recognize that the same care and attention will be given to their needs when the occasion warrants.

Never experienced such insensitivity....

Posted on May 27th, 2011

Insensitive and did not fully disclose all information to me about the cost of the test needed for my evaluation. When I was asking her questions, she told me that I was making too much out of it than was needed.

Great doctor!