Dr. Susan Brinkley Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Susan Brinkley?

September 30th, 2016

Dr. Brinkley is awesome! Front desk staff, not so much!

I really like that Dr. Brinkley is very thorough. She takes the time to research and explain things to you regarding your condition. She makes sure that you are clear on your instructions. She is very proactive which is a plus. The front desk staff doesn't seem to have a clue what is going on. There is one lady whom I will never walk up to again unless she is the only one there. They act like you inconvenience them by being there and treat you as such. After being there repeatedly, they still treat you like a stranger. They are not nice at all. I have more communication success through the patient portal, usually with Lindsey. Dr. Brinkley deserves to have a better representation on the front line of her business.

July 1st, 2016

A brilliant doctor. She has saved countless lives and doesn't give up on you.

October 30th, 2015

You get what you wait for.

If you have an issue no other doctor can figure out, make an appointment with Dr. Brinkley. You may wait two hours after your appointment time to be seen, but this will save you months of back and forth with most internists or PCPs. If you wait the time, you'll receive quality care.

September 24th, 2015

Mixed opinion

Due to insurance coverage I am no longer a patient of Dr. Brinkley but I wanted to post my opinion. I found Dr. Brinkley to be completely in tune with my needs and very clear in explaining anything and everything. I was disappointed when I needed to change doctors because I was not sure I would find someone else that I felt would be as concerned with my medical issues. (I was wrong. I did find some one else and very thankful for meeting her). My major complaint with Dr. Brinkley is exactly what others have complained about - waiting time. I was never seen on time and in many occasions I sat for more than two hours waiting to be seen. At one time, in her previous office, the nurse had put a note out tell patients to limit their appointments to 15 minutes. I reminded the nurse that the patient wasn't the one that was creating the back up. She agreed. Yes, Dr. Brinkley, in my opinion, is a very qualified doctor but I simply do not have time to sit for two hours waiting to be seen. Doctors, and the office staff, aren't happy when patients arrive late for appointments. Many doctors will even cancel your appointment I feel the same respect should be given to a patient. A 15 minute wait isn't terrible - but unless there is an emergency two hours is unacceptable to me. Again - good doctor, but you have to be willing to have the time or look for someone else.

June 30th, 2015

Does run late, but this is because she is thorough and spends time with each of her patients, instead of rushing through the appointment in an effort to move on to the next patient. As a patient I felt heard and valued, and with the treatments she prescribed was able to feel better for the first time in years.

August 7th, 2014

This doctor is never on time! I always have to wait between 1 1/2 hours - 2 hours beyond my appointment time every time...even if my appointment is at 10:00am! She will only deal with one problem at a time...makes you come back for another visit if you have a second issue! Staff always gets referrals wrong. It takes 2-3 weeks to see lab results on patient portal. Office never calls with results. Would not recommend.

October 2nd, 2012

Caring and thorough.

She will take her time with you in the office. This makes it worth any wait. I recommend her to all good people, absolutely to my family and friends. She is very down to earth, patient with a good sense of humor. In my life time have seen a myriad of Physicians, and with this said, she is GREAT professionally as well as personally.

March 23rd, 2012

New Patients are not treated well...

I waited two months to see this doctor after my first visit was rescheduled. I showed up 15 minutes early and waited an hour for a nurse to take me back and take my vitals. I was sent back to wait for an additional half hour until a nurse took me back to the exam room. Then I waited an additional half hour and left, so upset that I had spent two hours there without being seen. I wrote a complaint letter and received no apology or refund.

February 22nd, 2011

There Should Be A 5 Star Option For Dr. Brinkley

Without question, one of--if not the best primary care physician out there. My wife and I have been in her care for the last ten years; you will not find a more dedicated, brilliant, and compassionate PCP. Best of all, she never talks 'down' to you or is condescending in any way. We've all had experiences with those docs along the way. We live an hour away from the Frederick, but would drive twice the distance to see her if necessary. There should be a fifth star available for exceptionally well rounded physicians like Dr. Brinkley.

January 13th, 2010

Dr. Susan Brinkley, MD

You don't find a physician as good as Dr. Brinkley. She found my Lyme disease after I had been to several physicians who failed to see the obvious!. She took it to another level and actually cared about the bottom line,.......ME! not the all mighty dollar and the time it took to reach the diagnosis. She is different as she cares!. Its nice to know doctors like Dr. Brinkley are still out there.

October 26th, 2008

Best MD in Town

I have been with Dr. Brinkley since the early 90's. She has been great. No complaints here.

May 30th, 2017