Surgeons, Gastroenterologist (digestive)

Physicians Regional Medical Center
6101 Pine Ridge Rd
Naples, FL 34119
239-348-4103
Locations and availability (3)

|  Kenneth R. Schena, CLU  |  show details
Sep 17th, 2012

A very considerate proficient caring professional who takes the time to explain her diagnosis and the course of medical procedure necessary to correct the problem. Answers questions directly that make sense. I would recommend her to anyone with a need for Colorectal surgery.

|  The need for second medical opinions on a personal note.  |  show details
Aug 31st, 2012

The need for second medical opinions on a personal note.In March 2012 I had a colonoscopy. Previously there were polyps which were removed, so the procedure needs to be done every three years. This time the Dr. (Who will remain nameless) told me that one polyp was too large and he could only smooth it out. He recommended me to a surgeon and it was recommended (by 3 doctors) to remove 1/3 of my colon to be on the safe side. I chose instead to go in six months for another colonoscopy to see how it progressed. I researched Drs in this field and found Dr. Susan Cera who was with the Cleveland Clinic which is now Physicians Regional in Naples, FL. Her credentials are excellent and a leader in her field with the most state of the art procedures. Dr. Cera is a nationally recognized expert in robotic colorectal surgery.Today, 8/31/2012 I had my colonoscopy and she was able to remove the entire growth without having to remove any part of my colon.

|  botched my minor surgery  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2012

I'm sure Dr. Cera does great bowel surgery but I had a simple hemmoroidectomy and am very dissatisfied with the results. I am left with what is called a stricture which could have been avoided by more careful attention to initial surgical procedure.

|  show details
Nov 14th, 2010

We were very impressed with Dr Cera's skills and her bedside manor. My husband was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer. Dr Cera performed the laproscopic surgery and my husband barely has a scar!

|  An excellent doctor  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2010

Dr. Cera was the first to diagnose my colon cancer after she tried to carry out a colonoscopy and found the stage III tumor in my colon. She acted fast and profesionally. She referred me to an oncologist bat kept track of my treatment. When the cancer came back almost one year after the first diagnosis, and two months after a clean colonoscopy, the tumor was now outside the colon. She referred me to an excellent surgeon in the Mayo Clinic in Arizona who, together with his team, performed a six hour surgery that kept me alive to date (the surgery was in May 2009 and now it is October 2010). I left the operating room with an ileostomy, and my doctor at the Mayo clinic allowed me to come back home earlier because he knew Dr. Cera was her and she would take good care of me. And so it was: she followed up on my surgery and eventually reversed the ileostomy. I really trust this physician and I would recommend her to whoever needs an excellent colorectar surgeon.