Dr. Susan Chu MD Patient Reviews

• Gastroenterology San Diego, CA

3.4

December 9th, 2016
Executive
I have been treated by Dr. Chu for over 12 years. I find she has fantastic bedside manner, is enthusiastic about what she does and has kept me well and healthy. The only reason I did not give 5 stars is because it is tough to get appointments which is not her fault. I would not go to anyone else.

April 9th, 2015
none
i wouldnt recommend this doctor ! for her to tell that you are just imagining all the sypmtoms you have on your body and telling you that dont tell me what just you are reading online.Oh my , your not on my shoes thats why your not feeling what your patients tells you.

August 16th, 2013
Horrible bedside manner.
This doctor rushed me through everything! I was experiencing my first ever flare with ulcerative colitis, and when she diagnoses me she says, "Well at least it wasn't cancer." Who says that!? I still have an incurable disease! She quickly prescribed me something and waited to see me in a month. She did not explain anything, I had to investigate my own disease online! When I was showing negative side affects to the medicine she gave me I called her office to let her know. The second time she saw me she said I was making these issues up because I was reading too many things online. I could not believe she had said that to me! I had really experienced some bad reactions. Also, getting in to see her is a HASSLE. I believe she spends half her time in surgery and the other half in consulting so her time is very limited. All our meetings were rushed. She would tell me she wanted to see me in four weeks, and when I asked her staff to let me know the date they said they didn't have one because she was full. I complained about this doctor to my primary doc and the primary told me something interesting, My primary said that Dr. Chu yelled at them for referring me, noting I had nothing wrong. Yeah, bleeding out my butt is nothing wrong to this doctor!

January 19th, 2013
I would not recommend a family member or friend to go and see her. Her bed side manner is lacksing and treats you like you are not important. She does not REALLY listen to what you are telling her. Not all symptoms are seen and she doesn't seem to get that.