Dr. Susan Crocker Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Susan Crocker?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

June 8th, 2017

When i was going to her, my family described me as being heavily medicated, slothful and driving dangerously. Icut my dosage without her help while i looked for another doctor. I looked up her Credentials and discovered that she was not authorized to practice. She may have been using an umbrella provider but i transferred my care to charleston mental health. Maybe she has improved and updated her credentials but i always check my healthcare providers credentials.

September 21st, 2016

Are you mad?

After years of severe anxiety and insomnia, I finally made an appointment with my first ever psychiatrist, and it happened to be Dr. Suzan Crocker. I did research, and instantly became nervous. The Appointment came, and I went to see her. Let me say this. These reviews stating that people are upset are stupid. Are you mad because she didn't prescribe you a very addictive drug?? Dr. Crocker was extremely pleasant and very kind. She has really helped me out, and on my first visit she prescribed me Paxil for anxiety disorder and Trazodone for insomnia. I will always go to Dr. Crocker because of her personality and caring attitude. Thank you, Dr. Crocker!!!!!

April 29th, 2015

Sketchy

Did partially diagnose me,but when I returned and explained how in detail sx. were worsening she t basically"threw in the towel" because now it is some other dx.

February 8th, 2015

Fired and reported.

I fired Dr. Crocker and reported her to my insurance company with the recommendation they pull her name off the preferred provider list. She was condescending, irritable, unprofessional and should not be working with the public in any capacity. If you enjoy a passive aggressive personality, she would be the doctor to see.

October 29th, 2014

I would not recommend Dr Susan Crocker. I have been on the same medication for 4 years by a different Dr. in Virginia. We moved here to Summerville and after she gave me refills once then on my 3 month visit decided I should change the most important meds for something safer. I took her advice on the promise if it didn't work we would discuss other options. The change has left me unable to sleep and upon me asking her to refill my original medication she refused and told me to find a different provider. So now I sit no sleep for 3 nights now and will look for a new provider which could take up to a month to get an appt. In the mean time I will most likely develop psychosis with out the ability to sleep. This is dangerous to be cut off this kind of medication!!!! I think she is in need of psychiatric care.

July 7th, 2014

Review

Cold unfeeling. Unhelpfull.

January 23rd, 2014

I wish I would've checked here first!

I wish I had read these reviews before selecting this physician. Everything that I have read here has also happened to me and it makes me angry. Dr Crocker's title of pediatric/adolescent is quite interesting to me. As an adult that's exactly how I felt I was treated...like a child. During my first appt I felt like she was good. She told me to call her anytime I needed help and seemed caring. By the second appt, not so much. I felt scolded for calling her and she kept interrupting me every time I voiced a concern about myself. I actually left that appt feeling worse than I did before I entered it. I stuck with her for two more appts and each time just spent a half hour listening to her read my chart to me and making ME feel bad for not making progress since my last visit in a scolding manner. Waiting for an appt for two months is way too long to wait when you are having bothersome issues. She did not appear to care. When I expressed my concern over two months she quickly rushed me out the door I still had questions about medications and she acted extremely agitated because I had apparently without knowing had caused her to be late for her next appt. She told me in a previous appt that she would EVENTUALLY like to try me on a different medication. At the next appt she snapped at me when I had questions about it and told me that I had REFUSED to take it! Not true. I only had questions and wanted reassurance about the medication before trying it. I am extremely disappointed in my experience with Dr. Crocker. I would not recommend her to anyone. If this is how she treats adults I can't fathom how she must interact with adolescents without making them feel totally dejected as I feel.

December 13th, 2013

Dr. Crocker is a ????

There is nothing likable about Dr. Crocker she goes out of her way to make you uncomfortable and is not caring at all. She seems to laugh at what you are talking about when she should be showing more professionalism than she does. She does not care to help you with your medication, or listen to your needs. I would not recommend her to anyone, that is why I quit seeing her and found someone that knew what they were doing. Since seeing her the last time I am now seeing a different psychiatrist one that is knowledgeable and caring and very kind. That is why I would not recommend Dr. Crocker to anyone.

February 24th, 2013

Best doctor ever

Dr. Crocker is awesome she has helped so much with post partum depression. She is very concerned about you and asks all the right question. Her staff is awesome too. She has completely made me feel so comfortable to talk about anything

February 23rd, 2013

She is ignorant of my condition

I don't think I would recommend Dr. Crocker to anyone. She does not care about you and all she asks about it how you are doing. As far as it goes, she will not even change you medication when your condition changes. Dr, Crocker seem to wrapped up in her self than caring about anyone else. She sees every 2 months and I don't know why I keep going back to her when she does not help me at all. She always asks you the same questions that she did on the last visit that you had with her. I can't go anywhere else cause she is the only one that excepts the insurance that I have, but believe me if I had a choice between her and someone else, I would take the someone else. I am going to check into my insurance and see if there is a possibility of finding someone other than her. She is not my doctor of choice.

January 17th, 2013

She seems to like ruts

I was late to my first appt with Dr. Crocker and was scolded very strongly for at least 1/4 the time about punctuality. She then proceeded to interview me for a few minutes and claim she felt I was bipolar. She had no previous records, one worksheet, and yet due to some irresponsible behavior over a decade earlier in my life, she labeled me bipolar. After a few visits, she is still pushing with her diagnosis. I've mentioned my anxiety to her several times, but the only thing she wants to do is add a mood stabilizer to my regimen instead of tweaking the meds I'm on already. After reading these other reviews (and realizing it's not just me) I will definitely be looking for another psychiatrist.

January 16th, 2013

Our first 4 sessions went well. She just had to follow what previous Out of state Dr. Was doing. When it came time for a additional diagnosis I did everything she asked. Drove 45 minutes 3 separate tea for testing, (costly with gas and co-pay) when diagnosis came back she still was hesitant on course of medications. And even interrupted me in mid sentence to tell me a story. Anyway with no heart related issues she still would not prescribe my needed medication without another costly adventure to Dr. For a EKG. I personally handed this to front office and explained I would be back that evening to pick up prescription. When I showed up 3 hours later she had not handed it to receptionist. I am still waiting to see what she comes up with next why not to give this to me.