Dr. Susan Davila, MD
Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile
Hollywood Hills
All Womens Healthcare-S BRWRD
1150 N 35th Ave
Ste 400
Hollywood, FL 33021
(800) 274-1327
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
 |  She saved my sons life  |  show details
by Mrs. Cooper on Jun 17th, 2013

I first went to Dr. Davila 15 years ago when she delivered my son. I had two children prior and my first experience delivering my child was horrible. I also handled doctor disability claims as an attorney, so I am quite aware and careful when selecting a doctor. I chose Dr Davila because she makes decisions quickly and efficiently when she is in a crisis situation. When I had issues during my pregnancy, she didn't wait for insurance approval but immediately looked at my fluid under a microscope in her office. When I had my mandatory csection, she immediately became very quiet and handled a situation. Afterwards, she told me that my sons cord was wrapped around his neck twice and had a knot. She saved my sons life. She did my csection in 11 minutes and gave me a flat nearly invisible scar. I had information that the nurses go crazy because she works so quickly, and she does, but she is efficient and amazing. She did everything I would expect and more as my doctor. Yes the office is horribly late with appointments but I think with the state of health care today, most obgyn offices are run that way. She has always listened to my concerns and questions when I have spoken to her. I will always be grateful to her for her exceptional ability when she delivered my son. She even made a joke after the situation was over, because my son was so miserably crying. If you want a doctor that makes quick, intelligent decisions when you are having an emergency, she is the doctor for you.

|  Annoyed patiend  |  show details
by Annoyed patient on May 23rd, 2013

I was a patient of Dr. Davila's for a VERY long time but only really saw her for the usual annual appointment. The office is ridiculously slow (much better in Pembroke Pines than Hollywood though) and staff are not great. Dr. Davila is a nice woman and a decent doctor but she does not take the time with her patients, nor does she know them or even review their paperwork. This becomes hugely problematic if you have any issues.....My last straw was when I called her to talk to her about my issues and she called me back 2 weeks later!!! Are you kidding????? A few years ago I began having irregular periods so I went to Dr. Davila and had various tests, where the only conclusion I received was that there was nothing wrong with me. I went to Dr. Davila multiple times due to this issue because my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for years and I thought this may be the problem. After getting frustrated years later, I decided to try a new OBGYN. On my first visit to my new OBGYN, he reviewed my paperwork with me and in minutes found that on one of my ultrasounds at Dr. Davila's office (years ago), it appeared I could have a growth on my cervix but the test was inconclusive. This was years ago but it would've been nice if Dr. Davila or someone from her team mentioned this, especially since I went back to her office after the test with adidtional issues. Turns out that I had polyps which can cause miscarriage and irregular bleeding that were easily removed with outpatient surgery. The most frustrating part was that this whole time I did not understand what was going on and it was the polyps all along....the issue could've been fixed many years ago if someone would've reviewed the paperwork instead of just telling me that there was nothing wrong. The saddest part is that if we did become pregnant, we likely would've miscarried due to Dr. Davila not paying attention to test results. My current doctor immediately sent me for more tests when he saw the radiology notes from the ultrasound and Dr. Davila should've done the same thing. So, I would NOT recommend Dr. Davila and I would suggest that you always go with your gut. If you know something is wrong, seek further opinions.

by Rachelle T. on Feb 14th, 2013

Great Physician. Super nice. She talks a bit fast but overall nice.

Sep 26th, 2012

I went to Dr.Davila looking for a great OB close to home near Cooper City. She was highly recommended to me by two friends and swore she was a compassionate doctor. I had a great doctor in Kendall, Dr. Turmero, however, she was going on maternity leave and I prefer women doctors, and I was frustrated with the traffic back and forth. I was very disappointed with her and the staff. The wait time is atrocious averaging 45 to 75 minutes, the staff is very curt and on occasion rude, but worse of all, Dr. Davila always appears hurried as if waiting to be at her next appointment and never remembers your history even if you saw her the previous week. I am truly concerned with this since I had complications from my previous pregnancy which became a preterm birth since I lost almost all my amniotic fluid. Dr. Davila forgot I had mentioned this to her several times! That truly caused me much worry and made me feel like just a number, not a person. I'm going back to my previous OB once she returns

|  Super pleased  |  show details
Jan 25th, 2012

Dr. Davila delivered my first child in September 2011 and my entire experience with her as my doctor was great. The office staff is hit or miss depending on the time of day and one of the nurse techs has a chip on her shoulder. BUT I put that all aside because my previous gyno highly recommended her. Ended up having an emergency C and the nurse/staff in my delivery room were singing her praises before the surgery even started - and no, Dr. Davila wasn't in the room when they made their comments. Super nice person who gets down to business during each appointment and will answer as many questions as you can throw at her.

|  She'll give you the shirt off her back  |  show details
Jan 4th, 2012

This in my opinion is a doctor to keep. She is great her staff can be different but that is expected with the change in times. I saw this doctor in Pembroke Pines she was understanding, gave me many different choices and had me follow up to discuss and concerns. Sure it took a little bit of a wait at the appointment but what's to be expected she's great. Gave me the impression she very caring and compassionate. Hers staff compliments her in many ways some you can see try harder than others but in all this office is real and like most I can imagine have good days and bad days. I'd recommentd her to anyone and everyone.

|  She's great see for yourself  |  show details
Nov 10th, 2011

I saw this doctor for the first time at first the front office staff seemed a little unprofessional both in appearance from the check in to the lab. However the doctors herself and all the nurses or assistants in the back were helpful and very kind. Just as understanding of my concerns and obviously well educated. I did not care for the crowded waiting area but the efforts to keep me up to date with my wait time and the feeling of not being rushed out was well maintained. The response for a call back was fast and the girl was understanding of my concerns. I never felt better to say I'll see you next year at the end of my exam with all my questions answered. Thank you DR Davila for all you did and I for one look forward to seeing you and your staff next annually. While some of the staff can use some improvement this is definitely a doctor worth the wait.

|  Trust me she great  |  show details
Sep 17th, 2011

It wonderful to visit this doctor again I've been seeing her yearly for the past 7 years and llok forward to my upsoming appointment. Unfortunately the loud speaker pages sound frustrated I can't tell if the girls are happy or mad and the people that answer calls can use some understanding of what it feels like to be the ill one on the other end of the phone. Otherwise the doctor is great. I don't care the for girls in the lab what so ever they are rude and unprofessional in appearance.

|  See for yourself  |  show details
Aug 3rd, 2011

I met Dr Davila in her Pembroke Pines officce. I was told she's been around for a while and is very compassionate with patients. Results took longer than expected to recieve and follow-up was necessary but she came highly recommended and was very detailed in explaning what to expect not just now but in the future. All questions were answered and the nurses all were very kind the check in and front office staff was ok but can use some improvement. I still would recommend her if you can stomach the first impressions upon entry and with collecting payments and attemping to transfer records or just to confirm that my records had been recieved in advance of my appointment it seemed like a run around. Scheduleing an appointment seemed to be a task in itself with many transfers and disconnections. Once my message went to the nurses even on a day she was not there my concerns were answered with the recommendations of the other doctors and nurses with reassurance. If you want the best sometines you have to wait so I'll repeat this next year to see if thing improve. I too am in the healthcare field and know not everyone is perfect there is room for improvement and was recommended tot his site after I referred someone to see Dr Davila who then told me of her concerns go and find out for yourself you'll love her. Emergencies come up and I'd appreciate it if she took the same amount of time with me in the event of an emergency or delivery.

Apr 28th, 2011

Dr Davila is very professinal, compassionate, intelligent, and courteous. The OFFICE STAFF are RUDE, INEFFICIENT AND UNEDUCATED. She needs a better team for her practice to thrive. They always seem bored, irritated and confrontational. As someone in medicine myself, i could never imagine letting my office be run in that manner. In this economy where well trained and highly motivated people are looking for jobs, I'd say she needs to fire them all and bring in some appreciative people to be on her team.

Apr 8th, 2011

she is not that bad but the office is TERRIBLE omg!! terrible staff they traet you like you are an animal!!! worst office I ever saw in my life, worst doctors!! worst follow up, terrible service

Jan 6th, 2011

Every time I go to Dr. Davila I tell myself that it's going to be the last time. The wait is ALWAYS over an hour, even when I have an early appointment. The front desk staff and lab staff aren't very professional in the way they interact with patients. Dr. Davila is a great doctor but I just can't take the poor office experience any longer!

|  Amazing doctor/unfriendly staff  |  show details
Jun 30th, 2010

Dr. Davila is a warm and brilliant doctor. Unfortunately the staff is the complete opposite. You feel like you are being shuffled around like cattle. The wait is always well over your appointment time.

|  I love her  |  show details
Sep 16th, 2009

She is a great doctor> I highly recommend her.

|  Patient  |  show details
by Andrea Solan on Jul 21st, 2009

Dr.Davila did an excellent job delivering our first child. She was caring and precise. I would recommend Dr. Davila to any of my friends or family.

Oct 18th, 2007 on yahoo.com

The office is very busy... there's not enough help in the office so it's VERY hard to get appointments or someone to even call you back.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com