Dr. Susan Delaney MD Patient Reviews

no change

• Good
  • Bad

January 21st, 2016
I sought out a psychiatrist during a period of time in my life that I felt like seeing that kind of doctor was best for me. Dr. Delaney helped me through some tough times and for that I am forever greatful. One thing that she did was change my medication (which ended up being for the best) and putting me on a controlled substance. I never went into her office seeking those kinds of drugs. She told me they would work well for me. They did help and I did appreciate her. I unfortunately was no longer able to afford to see her due to the fact she does not take insurance ( cash ONLY) so I had to see a PCP in hopes to atleast be able to get Zoloft prescribed. I received a phone call for the new PCP telling me that I no longer will be a patient of theirs due to a message from my "prior provider" indicating that I "misuse my medication" and that I am a "Doctor shopper". Without knowing any of my prior medical conditions in the last 12 months she herself basically labeled me a drug abuser while she was responsible for putting me on a controlled substance I didn't even ask for. So now I am stuck without a provider due to what I feel is because I'm no longer a pateint. Dr. Delaney did wonders for me but when you take a step back she is basically a licensed drug dealer. You give her cash and she writes you a prescription for drugs. So if you are someone looking for a good psychiatrist that will freely write you prescriptions for benzos, this is the dr for you. P.s. I saw the last negative comment posted and the response it received. If you aren't allowed to give your honest oppinion, what is the point of this website? What I wrote is my truth. It's not what everyone else will experience. Like I said she is a great dr I just feel like I was incorrectly judged for no reason.
Doctor's Response

Thankfully, Texas has the Prescription Access Texas Program through the Department of Public Safety. This enables me to look up ALL prescriptions my patient has received for controlled substances during the previous 12 months. I can see a report that lists the medication, the doctor and the date filled. I regularly check this data base for my patients. Three times last year, I found patients who were using 17, 14 and 15 different doctors, respectively, to obtain controlled substances. I always check the PAT if a patient requests a controlled substance. I always check it if there are "off" events reported by the patient. I am licensed to prescribe "dangerous drugs" and "controlled substances" by the State of Texas. I take this responsibility very seriously and often check the PAT to see what controlled substances my patient is using and how many doctors he is getting them from. This response is to the false allegations about me in this review. My response here is a general one, nothing in this response should be construed to refer directly to the person who wrote the review. The PAT is accessible to doctors, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, pharmacists and law enforcement. Doctor shopping is a crime in Texas. I am free to report doctor shopping to law enforcement.

April 12th, 2015
I didn't want my name on the most recent review! How do you erase review I hit the wrong button So Sorry I would never do that Please erase my review. D. E. I want my privacy and I found someone else closer thank you for calling

April 8th, 2015
Five Stars!
I haven't seen Dr. Delaney yet but she called me back after I left a msg. Looking for a doctor like her to help me after speaking to her I hope and pray she accepts me as a patient because she sounded awesome and caring over the phone she gave me hope by what she said.

October 17th, 2014
Life Changing!!!
One day I really didn’t know how to move on with my life anymore. I was desperate for help. I had gone through years of surgery’s and medical problems. I became very isolated and got anxiety to the extend that I didn’t go outside anymore alone. I could not even go outside to get my mail out of the mailbox. I found Doctor Delaney by her website. I called her right away and I could get an appointment the next day. My husband drove me to her office and at the first appointment I knew I had found the right doctor. She was warm, understanding, non-judgmental and I felt relief after our first meeting. I’m from another country, English is my second language, and it’s hard to express your feelings and emotions in another language. But it has never been a problem. Doctor Delaney always gave and still gives me the understanding, support, and everything I needed and hoped for to improve my social anxiety and street fear and overcome my low self esteem and learning to accept myself. Every time we have a meeting, I learn new things and come home relaxed, secure, and get stronger. She is always on time ! This is wonderful. You can’t find one doctor anymore where you never have to wait. If it wasn’t for all her help I would still not be able to drive my car and go outside without anxiety and I even can go alone on flights overseas. What a progress !!! Thank you doctor Delaney. I would highly recommend her.

October 16th, 2014
Wow, almost 4 weeks and I am certain I found the right doctor.
I chose Dr. Delaney based on reviews I had read, so I think it is appropriate time for me to do the same. I went in knowing I had a problem and for at least 10 years nobody has ever been able to get me to feel so much better after only 3 weeks. I will definitely update again when I am on the maintenance plan. Now I had already been prescribed a variety of antidepressants but Dr. Delaney was able to get me off several and switch then to something that meets my body better. She is very patient, with this nonstop talker normally, and listens. I am finally able to sleep more than 1 -2 hours a night since 2009. Hands down if you need help go and try Dr. Susan Delaney.

March 20th, 2013
Yuck!
I called her about my wife and it seems like she cares until I mentioned that I don't have insurance. She immediately said that my wife's condition is too severe for her, so she recommend a non-profit org. What a doctor huh! Her condition is severe so better go to a counselor rather than a doctor. Unbelievable!
Doctor's Response

I have just spoken with the gentleman who wrote this review. He has agreed to "take it down". The man was very distraught about his wife when he called me. Additionally English is not his first language. He misunderstood three things 1. I do not accept ANY patients as ill as his wife. 2. My decision had only to do with the degree of her illness. He is looking for a doctor who does hospital work and I do not. My decision had nothing to do with insurance. I do not accept insurance. Many of my patients have no insurance. 3. I intended for him to see a Psychiatrist, not a counselor. He has understood his misunderstanding, apologized and has expressed his intent to take this review down. If the moderator of these comments wants to call me I can give the moderator his phone number and name and the moderator may call him to verify.

March 13th, 2013
Dr Delaney changed my life
I went to see Dr Delaney because I had what might be called "issues". I wasn't sure that I believed in the whole concept of psychiatrists but I thought I would give it a try. She saw me regularly for a bit less than a year. The results were astonishing. Without even prescribing any drugs she managed to turn my life around. She was always a good listener, always very non-judgmental, and she really made me think. I left every visit feeling as though I'd visited the center of my soul. And after a bunch of months, I felt cured. I still do. It's so wonderful.

September 14th, 2011
Wonderful and caring support
Dr Delaney has been an incredible support, counselor and emotional healer during my past 6 years of very difficult struggles including breast cancer complicated with significant pain and suffering from reconstruction, family health issues, extended family interaction issues and more. She taught me coping skills, provided encouragement and helped me grow thru faith into a stronger, better person. My health is now better, my family is better, my extended family has had a remarkable renewal. Dr Delaney's skills and faith have made an incredible difference in my life. I thank God she was, and still is, there for me.

July 5th, 2017