Dr. Susan Deluca MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Beverly, MA

• Good
  • Bad

December 6th, 2015
Thought she was great when I saw her. Now I'm always given a np.

October 25th, 2015
If you want to see a real doctor go somewhere else!!!!
Made 5 appts. to see the doctor NOT an NP (Jennifer-Allison- and Leanne seem to forget the reason they get paid is because of us instead they give the impression that their time is more important than yours could ever be. And OMG whatever you do don't forget to shut your phone off I waited 20 mins. in the waiting room then another 20 mins. in a examination room when Jennifer finally did come in my phone rang (I reached in my purse to shut the phone off) she turned around slammed the door and out she went. When she came back 1/2 hr. later she told me that she was busy and I had wasted her time because I had not shut my phone off. She never even examined me just helped me up and left . (If you ask me it was my time wasted at least she got paid for her drama queen act-I actually had to take time off work (Of course I only went there because I thought I was finally going to see Dr.Deluca but when I arrived I was told she called in sick???? Truth be told I feel these people have wasted to much of MY time. I used to think Dr. Deluca was such a great doctor but she has to be aware of how her patients are being treated by now and all her no shows with appts. I can only conclude that she truly does not care. I can't tell you how many times I've heard similar stories. Maybe once the patients begin to realize just how unimportant they are at harborlight and go elsewhere these people will get it! Without us there is no them. The staff needs a class in common courtesy. My advice... save yourself the drama and find a doctor who will actually show up if you take time out of your life to keep an appt.

May 20th, 2013
Upbeat and very pleasant
DR. Deluca is very personable, upbeat and kind. I like her very much . I believe she has a great skill and is very caring. However , the office does not flow smoothly at all. There are always new PA or nurses, it is very frustrating to get test results , and to get your prescriptions filled at times. ( even stated by my pharmacy ) . I have received some one else's info in my mail. And also wrong info in my chart rather frequently . That part does concern me a lot. I do like the NP 's very much. Just wish the other parts worked better

June 20th, 2012
Dr Deluca is very caring but....
The office staff aT THIS PRACTICE SUCKS FOR LACK OF A BETTETR WORD. If you want to talk to your doctor...FORGET IT!!! They will only let you speak to an assistant no mattter how many times you try it is always an excuse why you cannot talk to your own doctor.The wait is ridiculous, in 7 years have never been taken on time, but, the staff continues to schedule close appointments. I have even called to try to see if she is behind so you don't have to sit for so long and they tell you if you are 10 minutes late you have to reschedule....what a joke!!The only upside is she does spend the time once you are in there, but, it has gottent to a point that it isn't really worth it anymore.

December 13th, 2011
Short-tempered
My one and only experience with Dr. Deluca was extremely disappointing... she was completely rude and condescending...and misdiagnosed an issue i was having because she was in such a rush she didn't want to read my file to understand the nature of my problem. She slammed the door in my face when i brought the real facts to her attention...i guess she doesn't like to be second guessed. Patients beware!!!!!

September 2nd, 2011
Dr DeLuca is a superb physician, caring & intelligent. Dr DeLuca has been my PCP for 14 yrs. There is a wait to see her but when you do she never rushes you and spends alot of time. Her staff is always helpful and accomodating.

June 29th, 2011
Completely Unprofessional
I have had nothing but problems with both the administrative staff and the medical staff. Technically, Dr. Deluca has been my primary for 3 years- and yet is never available for an appointment. I have never seen her (nor have several other of "her" patients that I know of). I have had an on-going medical condition for many years which has been ignored by this practice. I had to fight with them to receive a referral to a specialist. They refused to authorize an appointment to a specialist of my choice and then, when I finally managed to get a referral to a specialist of their choosing, they have refused to give me the treatment recommended by my specialist. The NP, Janet Pellegrino, was incredibly rude on the phone and said that I "simply didn't need" the treatment that my neurologist recommended for me. When I asked to speak to Dr. Deluca, she hung up on me. The front desk staff has argued with me and refused to pass information on to the medical staff. Dr. Deluca has not only refused to return my calls but has not yet returned the phone calls of my specialist for three months. Obviously, I will be going elsewhere for medical care. If I could have rated her less than 1 star, I would have done so.

December 1st, 2010
Fabulous, kind, warm and very reassuring
A fabulous person and doctor

October 6th, 2008
Dr. DeLuca provides the best medical care around. She spends as much time as you need and never rushes you. There are long wait times, but it is well worth it. I wish all Dr's were like her.

August 13th, 2008
Charming and very warm also very bright
Dr Deluca has a fantastic bedside manner, very likeable and takes lots of time with people.Unfortunately that does result in long waits. She cares deeply and she is worth waiting for. She has a new facility and it is much better with details of appts etc. She also has wonderful nurse practioners on staff.

May 10th, 2017