Dr. Susan Dreyer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0
  • 4 reviews

February 2nd, 2013
She is horrible with no bedside manner, often grouchy. I was not referred to her but the doctor I was referred to had a 2 month wait so I went with Dr. Dreyer. What a mistake.

September 12th, 2012
Do not recommend!
I was born with Congenital Hip Dysplasia and I have always had some minor lower back problems as a result. I have been a patient at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta since I was a baby. Now that I'm over 21, my doctor can't see me anymore, which really breaks my heart because I loved him! I recently had severe back pain and numbness in my leg and stomach. I live six hours away from Atlanta, so I tried a local doctor first. My condition is so rare that he didn't know how to properly treat me, but he definitely advised I see a specialist because something wasn't right. He said my back was pinching nerves in my leg. My original doctor from Atlanta referred me to the Emory Spine Center. I was assigned Dr. Dreyer because I had no preference since I had never been there before. The resident that came in first was very quiet and somewhat rude. She made me feel very stupid for coming in to see them with this problem because my symptoms weren't present at the time. My back pain had subsided, but not the numbness in my leg and thigh. After she questioned me and gave me dirty looks, Dr. Dreyer came in. I could tell that she already had it in her mind that nothing was wrong with me. She barely asked any questions and barely looked me over before saying, "It's only inflammation because you have more wear and tear than the normal 25 year old and since you're not currently in pain you're okay. Pick and choose your physical activities wisely. Take sitting breaks at work. If you start hurting again, give us a call. Bye!" Yeah, I'll sit down every thirty minutes at work and suffer through my pain and learn to live with my leg being numb! She may be a great doctor, but I'm not buying it and I'll never go back to Emory...ever.

February 12th, 2011
Misrepresented!!!!
I called Emory Spine Institute to make an appointment with a specific orthopedic surgeon there that had been recommended to me by a very trusted local physician. I was told by the staff that I could only see THAT physician AFTER seeing another physician at the Clinic and if that physician determined that I needed surgery (to be performed by the physician I had hoped to see). The staff asked me if I wanted to see another doctor and I agreed (had to get in somehow). I was "okay" with Dr. Dreyer's manner and time spent with me on the first visit, although she only wrote me an Rx for a muscle relaxer and told me to make an appointment for an epidural. The resident who examined me before Dr. Dreyer came in was actually much more personable than Dr. Dreyer! The Rx made me have nightmares and did nothing for my pain, so I stopped it after 2 weeks. That neck pain got better on its own, so I did not make the appointment or have the epidural. When I had a totally different back pain over 2 1/2 years later (an excruciating popping in my lower back), I made an appointment to see Dr. Dreyer again. When I saw her that time, there was no resident there and I literally got about 2 minutes of her time. She wrote an Rx for physical therapy, handed me a photocopy of my x-ray, and sent me on my way. I later noticed on my checkout sheet that she had marked an additional diagnosis which she had not only failed to explain but she had not even mentioned to me. [I am an intelligent and informed patient except for mistakenly seeing her) and was driving 2 1/2 hours each way to see someone at Emory]! The physical therapy helped some, but just 2 months later, I now have something going on with my back that she has NOT diagnosed. My PCP just found that I tested positive for antibodies to an autoimmune disease. In the course of looking on this and another site to find a qualified rheumatologist (and thinking about getting my x-rays from Emory to take to a rheumatologist), I decided to look up Dr. Dreyer. I was shocked to find (almost 3 years after I first saw her) that she is NOT an orthopedic surgeon. My original request to the practice over the phone was to see a specific orthopedic surgeon, and I am LIVID to find that Dr. Dreyer was passed off to me as an orthopedic surgeon when she is a physiatrist...board certified in pain management and physical medicine and rehabiliation. I SHOULD HAVE BEEN TOLD THIS BEFORE THE FIRST APPT WAS MADE! So, she will primarily prescribe drugs, give epidurals, and order physical therapy. So, BEWARE, she is NOT a BOARD CERTIFIED ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON. I now wonder if I was EVER properly diagnosed by her??? Will NOT see HER again!

November 3rd, 2009
not listening
I was happy with the office staff but not with the Dr. The PA listening more and seem to want to help me. The Dr. wanted to give me meds. which I don't want because it just covers up the true problem. I just want the problem fixed and the serve pain gone.