Dr. Susan Fitzgerald MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 12th, 2016
Excellent.
Dr Fizgerald is really an outstanding doctor. Her staff is as well. I've seen many doctors and I am delighted to have her experience and kindness. I deeply enjoy that she keeps up to date with studies. Every time I go in with my more complex medical history then the average 30 year old she always teaches me something new from a study that has recently helped me very much. Her bedside is top notch. I feel very safe in her care as my primary. The only draw back is that fewer insurances will actually take her even when she actually wants them to take her so more people have access to her. Since I've been seeing her for multiple years now and she is the first doctor that actually astonishingly remembers the many medical conditions I have (most doctors don't and don't even look at my chart ever) so I'm sticking with her as often as I can afford it by paying out of pocket (my insurance just changed to not include her but I had her covered for many years). I don't know how she remembers all she does! Dr. Susan Fitzgerald authentically cares about her job and her patients. She is a gift to the community. Thank you so much to her and her WONDERFUL staff for working extremely hard year round to help keep us healthy. Other things I really appreciate- She answers your questions well and never makes you feel uneducated. You don't wait very long in the back. She is very good at womens health exams- very good bedside manner. Better then specialists I've seen. Some how her waiting room is almost always pretty much empty. I love that. I rarely have to wait long and its not clogged with sick people or kids. This has been a blessing. I think they are excellent in their appointments to make this happen. Or I go at odd times. Also I actually really like that right now it is only Dr. Fitzgerald. I would be ok with her having another doctor as long as they were of quality like her (hard to do!) and preferably female and no more then one or two more doctors max. What I'm trying to say is I love how the office is small. I've been in big offices where stuff gets missed due to the large size. This office obviously works very hard to have everything taken care of as it is and its done with quality. Oh, another thing to show how great of a doctor Dr. Fitzgerald is compared to other doctors. She gets tons and tons of faxes about this and that medical information that was done through another doctor or from a hospital. She actually reads them for real and some how remembered it when she saw me. She brought them up a couple times "I saw this come through...." and it blows me away because she has to have about a billion of those each day. I don't know how she does it. I figured that other doctors just have the office file and forget them unless it is a life and death thing. So once again quality is what I was met with at Ashton Avenue under the care of Dr. Susan Fitzgerald. I wrote this to try to help others find a doctor they feel comfortable with. I recieved nothing from this.

July 5th, 2016
Hate to go to the doctor, but do not mind going to this office every body is so nice you fill very welcome and taken care of my favorite doctor of all.

April 25th, 2016
Totally awesome. Takes her time and listens to what you have to say

January 29th, 2015
Best Doctor in Bristow-Manassas
She is amazingly kind and listens so well.

December 19th, 2014
Terrific

October 22nd, 2013
Caring and Listens
Dr. Fitzgerald is just an amazing and concerned individual. She is thoughtful and may refer you to a specialist but you probably need one if she does that. She does not prescribe things you don't need or agree with your diagnosis so dont go to her if you want a rubber stamp to what you have always had from other doctors. She makes her own diagnosis and recommendations carefully and recently helped my husband find out he had a heart problem he never knew existed. She helped him get ready for a back surgery and recognized his symptoms and diagnosed him early for help. She helped me recover from "frozen shoulder' and a myriad of other ailments. She is a great doctor who carefully reviews and transcribes what you say for your medical history and doesnt miss anything. You are going to be very happy if you choose this doctor.

June 8th, 2013
Super doctor for primary care.
I have used Doctor Fitzgerald for 2 years now and have been very happy with her knowledge and care. Dr. Fitzgerald referred many great specialists and spoke to these doctors checking on my care. I easily was able to get an appointment as needed. Very professional staff. I highly recommend Dr Fitzgerald as your primary care provider doctor/family doctor after her involvement in my 4 surgeries and basic care.

June 24th, 2012
You'll leave with more problems than you arrived with.
I recently got back health insurance. I read reviews on this doc and was impressed at the 4 out of 5 stars. I went in and told her of a few issues of mine. A couple being sleep and anxiety issues. She said yes, sleep is important and told me I should go next door to speak with a counselor, even though I told her I require sleeping medications. She tells me there are "pills out there that can make you sleep and make anxiety go away, which helps your brain forget which makes you very happy" yet prescribed me nothing, and told me I need to be careful what I tell her because if I ever have to go to court, they could subpoena her into discussing all of my medical records... what? Okay well I figured we'd discuss more during my next appointment the following week.Well I caught a NASTY virus and had to return sooner than I thought. This virus eventually traveled to my chest, causing congestion and a horrible ear-piercing, rib-aching cough. Since over the counter medicines would not calm this cough, I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Fitzgerald. I let her know this happens to me once a year, usually when I catch a cold/virus, and that a prescription-strength cough syrup clears me up, allows me to sleep, and I usually get better in a few days.Dr. Fitzgerald told me she does not prescribe cough medicine because the last patient she prescribed it to wound up in the hospital with pneumonia. Instead she stated that I was a "good candidate for asthma", offering me an inhaler, as well as a prescription for antibiotics and a prescription for Prednisone. I told her I do NOT have asthma. That I am a runner. She still insisted I did and sent me home, telling me to return if I felt worse. WELL...I had a nice severe allergic reaction to the inhaler which caused my face, mouth, and tongue to swell up. I refused to pick up the Prednisone for asthma I do not have, nor the antibiotic for a virus, as viruses are supposed to run their course and are not phased with antibiotics!Even though I live in Manassas, I made the choice to drive all the way to downtown Arlington in order to speak with my old PCP who actually knew what I needed. In short, I was informed what I had already known, that my lungs ARE clear, I don't have asthma, an antibiotic will not fight off a virus, and I don't need the steroid: Prednisone. I spent over $60 with appointments and gas for this Dr. Fitzgerald and all she did was add to my ailment by giving me medicines causing me to turn into a constipated puffer-fish! She seems to "listen" very well until I realized she might have just been staring and smiling at me the entire time. I got no help with sleep, anxiety, or the horrible cough which could have caused rib fractures.Also she'll talk to you like you are a two year old. I think she's sweet but you'll leave with nothing accomplished, and more added to your plate of worries. Go in with a cough, leave with an asthma diagnosis. No thank you. I will not be utilizing this doctor's services anymore.

March 16th, 2012
Outstanding professional, very patient oriented!!

October 21st, 2009
Caring
I've been with Dr.Fitzgerald for 5 yrs now and love how caring she is and how much time she spends with you to make sure you feel comfortable with your situation. One thing that I'm just now experiencing with her is that she no longer does OBGYN work. I'm 27, looking to get pregnant and now I have to find a new doctor to help me with this situation.