Dr. Susan Hage DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

September 8th, 2015
Best doctor with a warm smile!
Dr. Susan Hage, has a great outgoing personality and alwaysfollowsw an updated chartchart on my current symptoms with her own added details. She patient ly listens to me and will find right trigger point when applying medication! She's the only doctor in area that I can feel comfortable around, like a friend!

July 8th, 2015
Overall, average physician. Listens, but already has mind made up on severity and type of treatment.

November 15th, 2013
Complicated case but not a quitter
When I first saw Dr. Hage I was hopeful but guarded. My issues were complicated and overlapping and longstanding. I disliked some of the treatments but developed faith in her and her associates. She explains things very well. I had not reached the level of pain I was at overnight and needed to have patience and trust to make progress. Both came and she has become important to me in managing my life to be the most positive it can be. I am impatient but also I push the envelope a tad too far and pay the toll to the ugly troll. She has taught me to take life as it comes, do good self care but also to take risks when it is really important so I often take a negative experience for having done something truly rewarding. No one wants to hear that pain will play a role in their life forever. Many would run from that news. I stayed and I am glad and grateful I did. I can reach her when I need her with no fear of being humiliated. A doctor has to trust the patient as much as the patient has to trust their doctor. Treating chronic pain has come along way in recent years but sadly some patients behavioral choices make it difficult for all. In Dr. Hage you can build a relationship that pays big dividends if you are honest, faithful to treatment and in it for the long haul, not a quick fix.

September 14th, 2013
Wholly unimpressed.
I saw this doctor for a year with a diagnosis of Arachnoiditis. The meds prescribed to me did not cover the pain of this condition and put me on an up and down cycle of pain vs. lessening pain when I took the meds she DID prescribe. I had spoken to a specialist in Arachnoiditis and many other sufferers and then with this doctor about their experiences and she basically told me she knew better. I took all this to be true UNTIL I finally saw a new pain specialist who started me on a new med therapy and my pain is finally covered. Finally! She was appalled I was being given the meds I was for my condition. Now I am finally able to control the pain with no visits to ER's and living as normal a life as I can. I can only say I am thrilled I found a doctor that finally listened. Dr. Hage wasn't that person.

February 21st, 2013
Dr. Hage saved me!
By the time I got to Dr. Hage, I had been informed by several kinds of medical professionals that I would have the nerve condition known as RSD, or CRPS, for the rest of my life, with small hope of improvement. After an ankle break, the damage to the autonomic nerve in my ankle had interrupted the nerve signal. The only signal that made it through was continuous, throbbing pain. I had no proprioception in that foot, and no control over blood flow, temperature and swelling. I had to relearn how to walk and could only manage walking on level ground, for short times. I was spending much of my life with my foot elevated. Dr. Hage worked with me to identify pain medication that my system could tolerate and explained to me how to manage pain. She persuaded the company that manufactures the TENS, electrical stimulus units to loan me their high end product for several months. Between her treatments, acupuncture, and strength training, I was able to recover full function of the autonomic nerve in that foot. I no longer have pain and can even go cross country skiing again, (carefully). Had I not had her help, I would have seriously considered amputating that foot. She helped me get my life back. I would go to her again in a heartbeat, and intend to do so. I found her to be sympathetic, respectful and best of all excellent at her specialty. She went the extra mile for me and I will be ever grateful for her help.