inactive

Susan J Hakel MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 12th, 2012
Caring, Practical, Concerned about my well-being....
Great doctor - highly recommend. She actually listens to you. Smart, caring, puts forth an extra effort.

November 10th, 2011
A good friend
She takes really good care of her patient. I haven"t seen Dr. Hakel in years but I have friends who still see her and they love her. We miss you Dr. Hakel From your friends in N.Y. From F. E. Batson And Burlson Family PS. If I was still living in Oklahoma I would take my 4 year old to her.

November 8th, 2011
A doctor you can trust...
Dr Hakel is a caring, exceptional doctor. She takes as much time as is needed, therefor it may take awhile to see her. I'd wait as long as it takes to see her. Her diagnostic skills are excellent and thoughtful. She works with you to make sure that you are comfortable with what is needed. She realizes that only you really know how something may affect you. I've been going to her for 31 years and will go to her as long as I can. My Mother went to her and she sees my husband and grown son. She keeps detailed records and can go back years!

October 28th, 2011
A doctor with a calling, a heart-felt smile when you're sick...
Dr. Hakel has been my doctor for over 29 years. Never once have I doubted her or expected more form her than she does herself. She listens intently to what your problem is, makes suggesations from her heart, her head and from her medical background as well as successful scientific based research in alternative forms, She is intelligent, kind and is what ever doctor should strive to be.

September 20th, 2011
One of the Last of the Family Physicians
A remarkable doctor. I've been seeing her for 20 years, so she's seen me through many major problems in my life: physical and emotional. She's one of those rare doctors who can deal with both. She has given me my vaccinations, cured my ailments, and helped me manage a difficult chronic illness. She has listened carefully and sent me to a therapist during a difficult time in my life. She pays attention to records and remembers what's been done and what your allergies are. In fact, she's remarkable. Are we even producing doctors like this any more? I sure hope so.

June 6th, 2011
Dr Hakel is the most amazingly wonderful doctor, ever. She remembers members of your family, even if they are extended and is always extremely compassionate. I dread the day she retires as there is no way to replace her. I have lived the world over and have had none other to compare!

July 12th, 2010
Long wait times
I have been a patient of Dr. Hakel for 5 years. I am a healthy woman with commercial insurance and just go for my yearly check up. Twice I am left her office without being seen after waiting for more than a hour past my appointment time. The first time I left I had waited more than 90 minutes and the second time I waited 75 minutes. If waiting is not an issue for you, Dr. Hakel is a good doctor. She is kind and has a great bedside manner. I did not have the time to give as I have a busy schedule and can't spare multiple hours for a 30 minute check up.

January 21st, 2010
Great Doc!
Takes time with her patients, never fluffs them off. Gives my 84 year old mother the same care she would a younger person. None this "she's old, so it doesn't matter" stuff that I've seen from other docs. Excellent doctor.

January 21st, 2009
Dr. Hakel is one of the most caring Dr. I have ever gone to. She spends time visiting not only on the medical issue but whatever concerns you might have. We need more Dr.s like Dr. Hakel