Dr. Susan Hamstra DO Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Brighton, CO

• Good
  • Bad

February 20th, 2015
My husband and I had been patients of Dr Hamstra and Dr.Ruff for about 5 years she is very nice however trying to get appointment is very difficult put out for 2 weeks! Reception staff always seemed to be annoyed every time I would call to make appt. Terry in the back office it awesome! We did transfer offices and are now being treated with the kindness from the new office that anyone would expect

March 27th, 2013
Conservative - wants office return
Dr. Hamstra has been my PC for quite a few years. She is fine for an annual pelvic/pap or a strep test and antibiotics. However, anything further and she doesn't want to do anything conventional, at least. She is extremely conservative with medications even to include muscle relaxants and sleeping aids. While I have had several other issues, which I've ended up going to a specialist for, most recently, I had a really kinked up neck and upper back (probably as a result of sleeping on my pillow wrong). After putting me on this 1970's model back roller machine, she tried to do chiropractic maneuvers on me. When I wouldn't budge and was in ridiculous pain, she prescribed muscle relaxants. When I looked up the medication online, I found she had prescribed about 1/4 of what was the recommended starting dose and, of course at that dosage, it did nothing for me. She always wants you to make another appointment and come back in, which is why I think she is so conservative about her treatments. If your looking for something like this, she's fine. If your looking to get your problem solved quickly, find a different doctor.

June 7th, 2011
Long Time Patient
I have been a patient of Dr Hamstra's for over twenty years and have always found her to be compassionate and caring. Yes, you may have to wait to be seen sometimes because someone else had to be seen for an emergency as I have had to be worked in before but you would appreciate it if it was you.

January 28th, 2011
After waiting in the waiting room for an hour, and then the room for another hour, expect her to spend 3 minutes with you and send you on your way. I think that she should not take on any more patients because she can't handle the ones she has. She is always booked up, it's impossible to get an appt quickly. She doesnt listen to you when you tell her how you're feeling. I just didnt care for her office in general. I will be looking for another doctor.

January 5th, 2011
This doctor has a letter of admonishment on her record for failure to refer to specialist and inability to properly read lab results.

October 16th, 2010
She definately cares about her patients and it shows.

November 19th, 2009
Great Doctor

July 10th, 2009
Dislike her bedside manner. Noncaring.

December 12th, 2016