Family Physicians, Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN), Pediatrician
1929 E Egbert St
Ste A
Brighton, CO 80601
303-654-1800
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Conservative - wants office return  |  show details
Mar 27th, 2013

Dr. Hamstra has been my PC for quite a few years. She is fine for an annual pelvic/pap or a strep test and antibiotics. However, anything further and she doesn't want to do anything conventional, at least. She is extremely conservative with medications even to include muscle relaxants and sleeping aids. While I have had several other issues, which I've ended up going to a specialist for, most recently, I had a really kinked up neck and upper back (probably as a result of sleeping on my pillow wrong). After putting me on this 1970's model back roller machine, she tried to do chiropractic maneuvers on me. When I wouldn't budge and was in ridiculous pain, she prescribed muscle relaxants. When I looked up the medication online, I found she had prescribed about 1/4 of what was the recommended starting dose and, of course at that dosage, it did nothing for me. She always wants you to make another appointment and come back in, which is why I think she is so conservative about her treatments. If your looking for something like this, she's fine. If your looking to get your problem solved quickly, find a different doctor.

|  Long Time Patient  |  show details
Jun 6th, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr Hamstra's for over twenty years and have always found her to be compassionate and caring. Yes, you may have to wait to be seen sometimes because someone else had to be seen for an emergency as I have had to be worked in before but you would appreciate it if it was you.

Apr 20th, 2011

My experiences with Dr. Hamstra have always been very thorogh, professional and caring. I have always been able to get in on the same day if it was warranted. She sent me to PVH quickly for further tests to assure accurate diagnosis. Her follow-up is also great. I am very happy with her care and her as my PCP. Debie

Jan 27th, 2011

After waiting in the waiting room for an hour, and then the room for another hour, expect her to spend 3 minutes with you and send you on your way. I think that she should not take on any more patients because she can't handle the ones she has. She is always booked up, it's impossible to get an appt quickly. She doesnt listen to you when you tell her how you're feeling. I just didnt care for her office in general. I will be looking for another doctor.

Jan 5th, 2011

This doctor has a letter of admonishment on her record for failure to refer to specialist and inability to properly read lab results.

Oct 15th, 2010

She definately cares about her patients and it shows.

by anonymous on Jul 9th, 2009

Dislike her bedside manner. Noncaring.