Dr. Susan Hemley MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Camden, NJ

2.4

February 27th, 2016
Odd woman, Brilliant Surgern!!!!
At my first encounter with Dr Henley, my 6 WK old son was being rushed into the operating room.. We spoke very briefly prior to the surgery. My first impression was she was an odd woman. It scared me to death knowing she was our only option, to trying to save our sons life. And following thereafter, she performed 11 more surgeries on our baby, throughout the years. Her bedside manor is not the best, but her ability to perform neurological surgeries no other doctor would; by far made up for that!! It hurt me to see her leave our hospital. But her reason well understood.. If I could have moved my family to another state, just to have her contribute to treat my son; I would've have at first opportunity.. In just now finding out she has past. I'm deeply saddened, we list such an amazing neurosurgeon..

April 30th, 2010
object in back after surgery
in a few months i will be getting another back surgey to fix what dr hemley did not !!! my last MRI showed that she left some type of foreign material in my back!!! hopefully nobody has to go through the pain i did ,she told me i did not need any pain meds after the procedure!!! for over 8 months i was in shear pain,agony ect,ect. my back is in worst shape now than it was before she tried to fix me!!!

September 4th, 2008
do not allow her to touch your spine
she made several mistakes while trying to fuse my spine. these mistake caused many of the fusions not take (only 2 of 10. These mistake included screws into the spinal cavity, lose screws from inaccurately drilled holes, not correcting angulation (38 degrees vs. 15 degrees) a had the surgery over again three weeks ago by a real spine doctor. I have been told by two different doctors that her specialty is brain related not spine. Her pain management is terrible. I had to get a outside pain specialist to manage my pain because she did not like giving out pain meds. I had 29 broken bones, including all me ribs, and she prescribed 2 percocet s twice a day! with another pain med not meant for pain but for discomfort of having shingles. I had the hospital doctor give me additional pain meds and she went ballistic and wrote in my chart that only she could prescribe pain meds not even the doc who was secondary who was watching my ribs and shoulders.