Dr. Susan Hunter-Joerns MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 1st, 2015
Amazing woman, she'll give you the care you need and the extra thought and interest you deserve.
This physician is wonderful! She is, however, the only neurologist in a 600mi radius so new patient appointments do require a referral from a local primary care physician. If you're new to town, you'll need to set up with a primary care doc first, and then have them refer you. This was slightly frustrating to me as I'd come prepared with a referral by my former neurologist, BUT THE GOOD THING is that her staff still worked to squeeze me in so I didn't run out of meds. Given the area she covers, it's totally understandable - and IMO commendable - that she requires her patients to be set up in town first so she can ensure her patients are always taken care of no matter what. She listened very carefully to me, was thoughtful, and very helpful in explaining things, as well as offering alternatives when I wanted them. I've got MS (and migraines) so I've seen neurologists for years. Dr Susan Hunter Joerns stands out as one of the best! I'm very thankful to have her as my doc.

June 17th, 2010
Hard to reach
Dr. Hunter-Joerns is a great person and is very caring, but the difficultly in actually getting to speak with someone and receive a call back is frustrating. Also, she does not bill insurance and sometimes the cost of a visit is $120-$200 or more. This can be a financial hardship at times.

May 27th, 2010
Doesn't answer phone or return calls
I can only speak to the apparent impossibility of actually getting an appointment with this doctor. I've been calling all week and only get a recording. I leave a message and no one calls back.