Dr. Susan Taylor MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 26th, 2017
Love her!
I absolutely love Dr. Taylor! The first time I ever met her was for my first pregnancy that ended up in an emergency c-section. She was right to the point and a little intimidating. But she got my baby out safely. For my follow up and next 2 pregnancies she has been amazing. Now being currently pregnant with baby 4, she still remembers delivering my first in 2011. I would never choose another Doctor to deliver my babies. I highly recommend her to any woman.

May 2nd, 2016
Excellent women's Doctor!
As a 47-YO female, I had the same OBGYN for 23 years. Unfortunately, as I moved and then married, her office is over 90 minutes away from my home, as well as she's four plus months out scheduling annual exam appointments. I bit the bullet last year and went to Dr. Taylor as her office is only 20 minutes from my home. I was thrilled with Dr. Taylor. She's very direct and no nonsense, but has an easy bedside manner and good sense of humor. I appreciate when a doctor talks to me with the assumption that I'm an intelligent woman (I am); I don't care for being spoken to in a condescending or patronizing manner. No one at Santiam Women's Clinic treats you in any belittling way. Dr. Taylor is also very up on the latest studies, statistics, and protocols for well-women's exams. I've had previous female surgeries and removal of one ovary and Fallopian tube, so I do like the peace of mind of having my annual exams performed by an OBGYN rather than my general practitioner. I didn't have to wait long in the reception room for my appointment, the office is well-ran by competent and friendly staff, and I was treated warmly but professionally. I'll continue to see Dr. Taylor for my annual exams and wouldn't hesitate to use her as my OBGYN surgeon should the need ever arise.

February 9th, 2016
I have seen Dr. Taylor multiple times. She has been such an amazing doctor and is always willing to spend the extra time with me I need. I have never had any complaint and will continue seeing her for the birth of my future children.

September 22nd, 2015
Thank you!
Hand down I would trust my life and the life of my child with Dr. Taylor. I had been experiencing a few health issue that my PCC did no catch. I went to see Dr. T and was very pleased from her direct and through diagnosis. It was spot on and that is the point... to have a MD that helps you!! Later I became pregnant and she delivered my healthy son. Thank you for taking the extra time to help me and educate me on my diagnosis and bringing my family such joy.

September 9th, 2015
Worst Physician I have ever encountered
I met with Dr. Taylor for the first time for my first pregnancy. Dr. Taylor does not listen, she is condescending, dismissive and pushy about what type of birth control she believes you should use. Dr. Taylor advised I "needed" to use and IUD after I give birth to "avoid this from happening again." I have been married for 10 years with my husband and this is our first pregnancy. Dr. Taylor is very discriminatory if you are overweight and she will advise how your baby will most likely "have problems." Dr. Taylor advised how I needed to take a blood test right away in order to assess what was wrong with my baby so I could "terminate the pregnancy." This was the most disrespectful physician I have ever been to and I have no plans to return.

May 15th, 2015
Great Physician
I cannot say anything about Dr. Taylors office staff or appointments. I however, was a patient of hers many years ago. I developed a problem while she was out of the state on vacation. Her nurse called her and Dr. Taylor contacted the proper physician, because I needed a referral, and I was taken care of immediately. There are not a lot of physicians who would interrupt their vacation to help one of their patients. As a nurse, I also worked with Dr. Taylor in Labor and Delivery from the time she was an intern, through her residency and as an attending physician. What I saw was a very competent and caring physician. When I was the nurse for one of her laboring patients, I knew that, if there was a problem with the mom or baby, she would be there for me and most importantly her patient. She knows what to do and she does not hesitate to do it. I can honestly say I never had a bad outcome with the mom or baby. I can absolutely recommend Dr. Taylor to deliver your baby as well as taking care of women who are past their childbearing years. You will know that you and your baby are in very safe hands. She is one of the best physicians I've had the privilege of working with and in forty years, I've worked with a lot.

March 13th, 2015
Very thorough and decisive in the safe delivery of my three kids.

July 12th, 2013
Best OB/GYN Experience so far
I only have the best to say about Dr. Taylor. She has been my Ob/GYN for over two years and she even delivered my baby. Dr. Taylor is very focused, highly skilled, attentive, experienced and overall excellent at her craft. I had an unexpected complication during my labor and Dr. Taylor saved the day in a situation where minutes and seconds mattered. Thanks to her calm demeanor yet quick decision making and years of experience, I was able to give birth to a beautiful and mainly healthy boy. If you want a doctor that you can trust, I highly recommend Dr. Taylor.

June 12th, 2013
worst physician experience ever
The doctor was pleasant and seemed competent at my visit. Unfortunately, I was given the wrong test result information in writing which I discovered by my persistence, not because anyone from their office caught it. My insurance initially wrongly denied my office visit claim stating I was not covered when I was. The office staff treated me as if I was a flake, even hanging up on me. They never took responsibility for giving me wrong test result information and they minimized all of their bad behavior. Beware of this crazy place!!

June 10th, 2012
I saw Dr. Taylor for symptoms due to menopause. She dismissed my concerns with a "What's REALLY going on?" as if my hot flashes and night sweats were all in my head. She was condescending and dismissive.

September 15th, 2011
GLAD I DIDN'T SEE THE BAD RATING BEFORE
It appears this is the same Dr. Susan Taylor who is now in Stayton,Oregon. I had to wait a long time, but once I got in, she was thorough. Her attention was totally on me. I believe she gave a good assessment of my problem, which had been difficult to diagnose. She also rushed a referral to another specialist that could have taken weeks. Please don't always go by the ratings. Dr. Taylor is focused to the point she may seem preoccupied. But, I believe she has the patient's interest in the forefront.

January 3rd, 2011
NEVER AGAIN!
I along with a few good friends had Dr. Taylor as our OB/GYN and had the worst experiences with her. She has no compasion at all!!! Since then we have all had more children and went with other doctors/midwifes and had much better experiences. We all agree we would never go to her again and try to let everyone expecting know! I also had her to deal with another female problem and she was the same way towards me. Rude, rushed and made me feel horrible!!!