Dr. Susan Jordan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 25th, 2016
PCT
Dr Jordan is awsome in every aspect.

April 6th, 2014
Ms.
Dr. Jordan is excellent! I go to her for Euflexa injections; she is very gentle & doesn't hurt me. I had heard horror tales about the knee injections, but I haven't experienced any of those with Dr. Jordan. I highly recommend her!

April 21st, 2013
Best in metro Atlanta?
I had shoulder pain on and off for a couple of years before I finally listened to my wife and went to see someone. We live south of Atlanta and I did my research on doctors--Dr. Jordan has BY FAR the best degrees and training, and that's important to me. Meeting her was a pleasure--even though she is very accomplished, she is also very down to earth (not Southern, but still OK). AND the best part was she did a terrific job with my arm--I'm not 100%, but getting there, and I felt she was right by my side the whole way. THANK YOU DR. JORDAN!

May 31st, 2011
Dr. Jordan repaired my rotator cuff. I cannot agree more with the comments made about her professionalism and patient care. She is a great surgeon and an unbelivable human being -- always looking after her patients. After surgery she made herself available 24/7 - a rare commitment in today's medical practitioners - especially among UPMC surgeons!!!! This is a great loss for Pittsburgh, but I am delighted that she is happy with her move to Atlanta. I do not have any doubt that she will shine there as well. I am doing great 5 months after surgery and well on target to full recovery.I also have to agree with the comments about the UPMC location in Monroeville it leaves much to be desired - but I am sure it is out of Dr. Jordan's control.

April 30th, 2011
Excellent doctor in a lousy system
Dr. Jordan repaired my torn ACL in 2009. She was an excellent surgeon and even more importantly, an excellent doctor. There was a possibility that I had a severe complication, and she was right on top of things, even giving me her cell phone number to call if the situation worsened! She is the most caring of any surgeon I have ever had to deal with, and would highly recommend her. The only problem is the UPMC system she was working in - if you didn't have an early appointment, you might have to wait a long time. And the front desk personnel at the South Side center were very helpful, while the front desk staff at the Monroeville location were downright rude both times I was seen there. None of these things reflected on her - she was terrific. I received a letter from UPMC today telling me she was leaving her clinical practice at UPMC, and now I see from someone else's review that she is relocating to Atlanta. I agree- our loss is their gain. We will miss her and I hope I don't need any further knee surgeries because any other surgeon would be hard pressed to measure up to her high standards of patient caring... good luck, Dr. Jordan - thanks for fixing my knee so I can walk, run, and play again, and I hope you and your family will be happy in Atlanta!

April 29th, 2011
Sad to be losing her
Dr. Jordan has operated on me, my husband and my daughter over the last 3 years and we couldn't be more pleased. we finally found a great ortho surgeon! She has a terrific manner, is obviously very smart, and really cares about her patients. She has been more available than any doctor we've ever had. We found out yesterday that she is relocating to Atlanta because her husband was transferred and we are heartbroken. We may have to fly down to see her! So disappointing that UPMC cannot keep her but Pittsburgh's loss is their gain. I just want everyone to know what a terrific experience we've had with her as our doctor. She will be missed.

December 14th, 2010
Great bedside manner and follow up
I saw Dr. Jordan for arthroscopic knee surgery for my ACL/MCL in late 2010. Although I (thankfully) have no similar procedures to compare this experience to, I found Dr. Jordan to be committed to my care both in how she explained the surgery and followed up to track my recovery. Although not back to full strength, I can definitely tell I'm on the mend. It's a relief to get this cleaned up and fixed. I recommend her highly.

April 22nd, 2010
A True Professional
Ihad a work injury that included ruptured discs. After having cervical surgery 2 years later my arm was still not functioning. Within one month of my first visit I had rotator cuff surgery under the skilled hands of Dr. Jordan. One year later my shoulder is not a problem. Thank you Dr. Jordan

April 29th, 2009
i have Dr. Jordan for multiple issues and i would recommend her to anyone with ortho issues , i cant say im actually thilled with the staff there but she is excellent

April 13th, 2009
Great surgeon and truly cares about her patients.
I cannot recommend Dr. Jordan more high;y. She has top credentials and yet chooses to practice here. Although she cares for professional athletes (the Penguins) she gives the same attention and care to us "armchair athletes." Hopefully I won't need another operation (!) but if I do I would go straight to her.

March 10th, 2009
Excellent Surgeon
I had an ACL reconstruction with Dr. Jordan. She fully explained all options for the surgery and made sure my knee was well prepared before the operation by prescribing the necessary PT. She was very pleasant and personable during her visits with me and truly seemed to care about my healing process. Some surgeons can be very cold and factual but I found Dr. Jordan to be a real and warm person. I would feel comfortable placing any member of my family in her care for orthopedic surgery... she specializes in knees and shoulders, by the way.