Dr. Susan Katz Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Susan Katz?

Dr. Katz is wonderful

Posted on November 22nd, 2017

I recently became a new patient of Dr. Katz, Dermatologist. I am so pleased with her thoroughness, her friendliness and her concern for her patients. It is nice to find a TRUE Derm; one who is not shilling botox and injections. She diagnosed my skin problems easily and in fact noted that I had been misdiagnosed by all my other Derms (and I've had plenty) for over 30 years. We took biopsies (none of my other Derms bothered to do so), she answered all my questions and explained to me WHY what I was doing for my skin was not working. I'm so pleased to have found her. I will return and highly recommend Dr. Katz, especially if you are cursed with psoriasis or eczema.

Amazing doctor

Posted on January 25th, 2017

Dr. Katz is terrific; she's very knowledgeable, easy to talk to, with no-nonsense attitude. Love her. One downside, she is very hard to book. Must book months in advance, and I am not sure is she accepts new patients.

Turned Away

Posted on January 16th, 2014

I was only 10 minutes late due to long distance travel to the city. I do not live in New York City but I made the appointment because I read good reviews online only to find out upon arrival the front desk lady told me that "unfortunately you arrived here late and I would have to ask the doctor if she would still see you" then she went to the back office and came back and told me that "the doctor had move on the next patient and that i just need to re-schedule another appointment". I explained to the lady that I had traveled long distance just to see this doctor. I was a new patient and they did not even gave me the courtesy for the first time visit. I could understand if I had history of being late to their appointments. I just want to say that it was a horrible experience. That is not how you treat patients and I still cannot believe that she turned away.

Posted on August 23rd, 2012

she knows her stuff, of course. but i walked out of her office feeling like i was the ugliest person on the planet. i needed a simple check up and to speak with her about some mild acne i was experiencing. not only was she so condescending, and wouldn't fully allow me to tell her about myself, therefore jumping to conclusions about my skin, but she made it out to be like i had severe skin problems and unless i took 18 different medications it wouldn't clear up. she herself said that all the info was overwhelming, and i may not need some of it but she was telling me anyway. she prescribed 2 topical treatments, but then said it probably wouldn't work - then what's the point of putting me on it? why don't we cross that bridge when we come to it? i can't spend up to $100 on skin prescriptions when my acne is mild, at best. plus she tried to get me to change another prescription i've been on for years... you want to yell at me about taking better care of my skin and staying out of the sun, by all means go ahead. but the appointment was over an hour and a half and it was spent speaking down to me and overreacting about some mild acne due to stress - and she knew it too, telling me "your going to need a drink when you get out of here."

She's the BEST

Posted on May 21st, 2012

Dr. Katz was recommended to me by another great doctor--and I am so thankful. I had been going to another dermatologist for a few years who was good but wasn't treating the underlying problem. What a relief to find Dr. Katz. She is super attentive, really nice and caring, answers all of your questions, takes as much time as you need and even emails you back the same day!!!! If you need a dermatologist, she's the one!

outstanding doctor

Posted on July 29th, 2011

She is professional, kind and interested and very thorough. I feel that I couldn't be in better hands. How lucky to have found her.

Awesome

Posted on April 15th, 2011

She's very knowledgable and experienced. I'm very happy with the overall quality of the office, her care, attention to detail and of course bedside manner. She listens and asks if you have any questions, answers them, gives you websites to go to so you can read up on the problem yourself... She's not overly reliant on medications either, which I respect in doctors. Happy patient :)

Best Derm

Posted on August 23rd, 2010

I have been going to Dr. Katz for 16 years and wouldn't think of going to any other dermatologist!

Posted on July 30th, 2009

I would highly recommend Dr. Katz to any of my colleagues, family or friends. I have known her for over 5 years and she had diagnosed every thing from sun damage to pre cancerous lesions.

Posted on November 16th, 2016