Dr. Susan Katz MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology New York, NY

January 25th, 2017
Amazing doctor
Dr. Katz is terrific; she's very knowledgeable, easy to talk to, with no-nonsense attitude. Love her. One downside, she is very hard to book. Must book months in advance, and I am not sure is she accepts new patients.

January 16th, 2014
Turned Away
I was only 10 minutes late due to long distance travel to the city. I do not live in New York City but I made the appointment because I read good reviews online only to find out upon arrival the front desk lady told me that "unfortunately you arrived here late and I would have to ask the doctor if she would still see you" then she went to the back office and came back and told me that "the doctor had move on the next patient and that i just need to re-schedule another appointment". I explained to the lady that I had traveled long distance just to see this doctor. I was a new patient and they did not even gave me the courtesy for the first time visit. I could understand if I had history of being late to their appointments. I just want to say that it was a horrible experience. That is not how you treat patients and I still cannot believe that she turned away.

August 23rd, 2012
she knows her stuff, of course. but i walked out of her office feeling like i was the ugliest person on the planet. i needed a simple check up and to speak with her about some mild acne i was experiencing. not only was she so condescending, and wouldn't fully allow me to tell her about myself, therefore jumping to conclusions about my skin, but she made it out to be like i had severe skin problems and unless i took 18 different medications it wouldn't clear up. she herself said that all the info was overwhelming, and i may not need some of it but she was telling me anyway. she prescribed 2 topical treatments, but then said it probably wouldn't work - then what's the point of putting me on it? why don't we cross that bridge when we come to it? i can't spend up to $100 on skin prescriptions when my acne is mild, at best. plus she tried to get me to change another prescription i've been on for years... you want to yell at me about taking better care of my skin and staying out of the sun, by all means go ahead. but the appointment was over an hour and a half and it was spent speaking down to me and overreacting about some mild acne due to stress - and she knew it too, telling me "your going to need a drink when you get out of here."

May 21st, 2012
She's the BEST
Dr. Katz was recommended to me by another great doctor--and I am so thankful. I had been going to another dermatologist for a few years who was good but wasn't treating the underlying problem. What a relief to find Dr. Katz. She is super attentive, really nice and caring, answers all of your questions, takes as much time as you need and even emails you back the same day!!!! If you need a dermatologist, she's the one!

July 29th, 2011
outstanding doctor
She is professional, kind and interested and very thorough. I feel that I couldn't be in better hands. How lucky to have found her.

April 15th, 2011
Awesome
She's very knowledgable and experienced. I'm very happy with the overall quality of the office, her care, attention to detail and of course bedside manner. She listens and asks if you have any questions, answers them, gives you websites to go to so you can read up on the problem yourself... She's not overly reliant on medications either, which I respect in doctors. Happy patient :)

August 22nd, 2010
Best Derm
I have been going to Dr. Katz for 16 years and wouldn't think of going to any other dermatologist!

July 30th, 2009
I would highly recommend Dr. Katz to any of my colleagues, family or friends. I have known her for over 5 years and she had diagnosed every thing from sun damage to pre cancerous lesions.