Dermatologists

2500 W Higgins Rd
Ste 1040
Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
847-884-8096
Locations and availability (1)

1.0

|  Fictitious Billing practices  |  show details
Apr 1st, 2014

I saw Dr Liebovitz for an in office procedure several years ago, and was satisfied with her services. Recently I remembered seeing her and scheduled an appointment. Because it has been many years (1990) I was told my records did not exist any longer and I would be considered a new patient. Ok, I scheduled an appointment for May. The following day I got a phone call from the office saying I had a balance due of $17.20 from 1990!!! When I asked what the bill is for I was told they no longer have those records, but they know I owe that amount of money. In the last 24 years I have never ever received a bill or have been contacted by that office. I specifically remember paying my bill that was due the day of the procedure because I became light headed while standing at the front desk, and in fact passed out. I requested that the office manager call me. That was on Thursday, today, Tuesday, I got a call that my appointment can be moved up to this week. Ok, but then was again told of the $17.20 balance due. Again I asked what it was for and was again told, we don't know we don't have those records any longer. But they know I owe $17.20??? Finally a very rude office manager got on the line and said I would have to pay that amount and any new amount on the day I come in to see the doctor BEFORE I even get to see her? When I insisted I want to know what the $17.20 is for I was then told I am not welcome at that office and I should find another dermatologist. I am expected to pay a bill that is 24 years old without knowing what the bill is for? If they don't have my records how can they have this bill?