Dr. Susan Lucak Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Susan Lucak?

April 23rd, 2017

Tied to her one procedure despite evidence of non-working

Dr. Lucak believes that her one procedure for treating IBS is the only way. She recommends increasing use of a mild laxative. Despite evidence that this was not helpful she did not offer any solutions. She was generally very rushed. The examining room is smaller than a bread basket, very uncomfortable. I would not recommend her at all.

August 13th, 2016

Brusk demeaner

My first meeting was very stressful. She did all the talking and my husband or I could not get a word in edgewise. She insisted I was constipated and put me on miralax, I ended up with diarrhea and cramps. At the end of appt, she said if miralax does not work, she will prescribe a tricyclic antidepressant, which is what any general GI would do. When I told her I take pepcid complete after meals, she said that was odd. She tells all her patients to take 40 mgs. at bedtime. I also told her I take gaviscon after meals. She said that neutralizes acid, why are you taking that?? These medications have worked for me for the last 6 years! I would not recommend this doctor. She is cold and not compassionate.

December 30th, 2015

Pleasant Doctor/Unpleasant Secretary

Dr. Lucak is such a pleasant doctor, very informative, thorough ,and patient. She took her time to explain my diagnosis and procedure. I would recommend her to others. The only thing I would change is her secretary. She was not friendly at all ;she seemed a bit rude.

May 27th, 2015

Excellent doctor

I have never written a review for a doctor before,I felt compelled to review Dr. Lucak because I find her to be first rate. She is pleasant, informal, engaging and above all her suggestions have really helped me . I have been suffering from IBS since the age of 17 I am now 57. Dr lucak has really helped me. I read another review that said she does not accept insurance and is expensive, this is not true, she accepts my insurance and I pay a $ 30.00 copay. I live in eastern long island and she is worth the trip to NYC !

September 17th, 2013

Doctor who listens

I have been with Dr. Lucak for about 15 years after seeing several other gastroenterologists in NYC. She is a doctor who takes the time to listen and every visit she spends time answering my questions and concerns. Further, she is not afraid to consult with her colleagues to confirm a diagnosis. Like many patients with ongoing digestive issues it is comforting to find a doctor who works with you so closely.

July 29th, 2013

Excellent MD

I have been with Dr. Lucak for about 15 years and not only do I find her to be an excellent diagnostician but she is a doctor who actually takes the time to listen. She does not rush to give unnecessary and unpleasant tests but she works works with you to examine all possibilities. As someone with a weak digestive system who has had many gastroenterologists over the years, I feel I finally found someone that I can trust.

November 28th, 2011

wonderful dr.

I have been going to Dr. Lucak for over 10 years for my Gerd and hiatal hernia. She never rushes you through an appt, is always eager to hear if there is any change in your condition and has a very sympathetic ear. She has always directly called me when i leave her a message. Sometimes even late in the evening when i know she must be calling from home. I have reccommended her to many people who also feel the same way. My only complaint while she was at Columbia was the long wait times in the office and the staff was rude at times.

January 20th, 2011

One size fits all

This doctor has one answer for all IBS issues. She says all IBS is constipation and will not listen to a patient describing all their symptoms and issues. She then prescribes Miralax regardless of your symptoms and then says all other remedies are old fashioned and only she has the answer. She has no inclination to try anything else and work with you. What she prescribed made my symptoms worse giving me the worst intestinal cramps in years. I would never go back to her. She is no longer accepting insurances and is outrageously expensive.

January 15th, 2010

A real problem

With all the prestigious appointments and a position at Columbia, you'd think Dr. Lucak would be a better doctor. She rushed through our appointment, scolded me for complaining about my symptoms, and had her secretaries call me rather than talking to me herself. She always seemed to be on vacation or unreachable for some reason. She didn't help when the pharmacy made a mistake with my prescription. She was a spokeswoman for a drug she prescribes, and didn't tell me that. That drug is now off the market because of adverse side effects. How can you trust someone with a clear conflict of interest like that? PS she doesn't even have to diagnose people because she only takes people with IBS diagnoses!

August 7th, 2017