Dr. Susan Sharp DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

March 25th, 2014
Nice but slow
I have been seeing Dr. Sharp for a couple years....but today I have to find a new dr. She is very personable to a fault. Today I got there 5 min. before my appointment....2 hours later after sitting in the exam room, I left....she saw 2 patients in the 2 hours I sat there. Then she took a phone call. AND, I paid my deductible....CRAP !!!

February 2nd, 2014
RN who loves Dr. Sharp
Dr. Susan Sharp has been my Dr. For many years. For all the people complaining above, there are many more who understand and love her. If you want a Dr. Who will treat you like a number at the Deli or Butcher, rushing you through, then Dr. Sharp is not your Dr. If you want a Dr. Who cares more about YOU than the mighty dollar, then you've come to the right Dr. If you want a Dr. Who will take care of you and ensure you get all the care you need, then she's it! If you are a whiny negative person, DO NOT GO TO SEE DR. SHARP...I FOR ONE, CERTAINLY DO NOT WANT TO HEAR YOUR WHINY NEGATIVE VOICE!!!! I bring my work and sit as long as it takes because I understand she cares for and loves her patients, just as I do mine! Please, do us all a favor and go find a Dr. Who rushes you through and sees $$$ signs and Mercedes Benz's when they look at your face!!!

October 2nd, 2013
Dr. Sharp is a great Dr. She spends a lot of time with me or my girls when we are there. I have been seeing her for years,,

July 31st, 2013
Dr Sharp needs improvement on her professional skills such as communication and office staff needs experience very unorganized.

June 28th, 2013
A senior citizen's opinion
I like the fact that Dr.Sharp doesn't treat me like a number rushing me through my appointments--instead she thoroughly considers my medical conditions and my associated issues and prescribes the appropriate treatment and/or refers me to the best specialist in my insurance plan when necessary. A reminder to all patients is posted in Dr. Sharp's waiting lounge stating that occasionally some patients may require a little more time than scheduled for her to provide the best possible care. Patient care doesn't have to be like stamping out GM hubcaps. I like the casual pace because (unfortunately) twice in the four years I've been her patient I was a very needy recipient of her extra-ordinary time and care. No one likes to be ill or injured but it can be comforting to know you have access to such a caring and capable physician in Dr. Susan Sharp. Be advised that Dr. Sharp has relocated her practice across the street from Western Medical on Tustin Ave, in Santa Ana, Ca.

June 17th, 2013
Bring a lunch!!
This would be the 3rd time I supposedly had an appointment with this doctor and she had me waiting 2+ hours!!! What good is it to make an appointment if its not going to be honored! They might as well just say " hey just come on by and well take care of you when we can" . Not to mention I went to their old location and there is no indecation that they have moved! I had to call them and the lady said " oh yea, that's our old location" every patient in here ( I'm still waiting as we speak) is complaining how long they have been waiting! My appointment was at 1pm and its now 2:15. One of the lady's here had an appointment at 11:30am and is still waiting! Save yourself the frustration and DO NOT COME HERE!!! I will be changing doctors after this visit for sure! Hope you people do the same! 3 strike rule! YOUR OuT!

April 17th, 2013
No Communication!
It took over a month before we found out my mom had fractured a bone from a fall. After several weeks of her being in pain and several visits to Dr. Sharp, we tried to have home health therapy started. The order sat on Dr. Sharp's desk for about two weeks. We called numerous times to find out what was going on with it. Finally, we had an appointment with a pain specialist and he told us about the fracture that was stated in the file sent over from Dr. Sharp to him. I would not recommend this doctor.

March 5th, 2013
Mrs.
My family and I have been with Dr. Sharp for over five years and we love her! She doesn't rush you thru your health exam, she takes the time to get to know you and always is willing to go the extra mile. Although at times I have to wait but I understand that it's because she is not rushing her patients. My son's feel extremely comfortable in seeing a female Doctor and she makes them feel at ease. She is old fashioned when it comes to her bedside manners but very up to date with meds, treatments and diagnosis. She is always available for an appointment and will squeeze my son's in especially when they come home from college. I would highly recommend her!!

February 6th, 2012
The staff was extreamly RUDE!!I had my huband pay for the co payment.The lady at the front desk told my husband that he was could come in if that would make things easier.ANd he asked why are u asking me to ask my wife all these questions she is sitting right over there?And she asked well does she speak Engish?Or are you just here to make the payment?He replied "thats my wife and you can ask her."I waited 1 hour in the waiting room.And once i was called in i waited another 45 mins!i finally had enough and walked out.The tone in which she spoke to my husband is unacceptable.I would not recomend this office.

January 28th, 2012
Love this Doctor she is old school she really cares about you, and it doesn't matter how long it takes you to explain your ailment. She will listen to you. So you will have a bit longer wait but it is well worth it!

May 9th, 2011
Wait is too long!
I wouldn't recommend, I came here for an annual check up and waited 1.5 hours to see her...so ridiculous. The staff should not book patients unless she has the time to see them. After 1.5 hours, she only met with me for 10 minutes. Very frustrating that they do not respect your time. I will loom fir another doctor.

June 4th, 2010
Caring family physician
With every visit I have found Dr. Susan Sharp to be caring, takes time to go over my concerns and her concerns for my current health conditions. Generally, I am able to make an appointment within a few days of my call. The waiting period while in the examination room is sometimes long, when recalling the time she spent discussing my health concerns makes the wait not seem that long after all. I have had her spend 15 to 30 minutes with me to discuss treatment plan(s), medical conditions, and/or other medical options. When you are the patient waiting to be seen this is very annoying; but when you are the patient being seen, this amount of care makes you feel like you matter and not just another person being herded through.